Goldpm

Any advice on a range to sight in a slug gun?

Got my hands on a Harrington and Richardson ultra slug gun but need to sight it in now. My buddy said the Clinton wma range is closed for upgrades. Not sure where else I could go. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks 

Pa state range up rt100 in trexlertown. 2x the size of clinton and has backstops at 50 and 100 you just need a target and staple gun

Pa state range up rt100 in trexlertown. 2x the size of clinton and has backstops at 50 and 100 you just need a target and staple gun

Do you need a PA hunting license to shoot at a state range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you need a hunting license or range permit in Pennciltucky. dont worry though. soon as they see a Jersey plate pull in about half the people there will remind you that you need one. some may ask to see it.

10 hours ago, Devil Horns said:

Do you need a PA hunting license to shoot at a state range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they did make that a rule a few years ago. A lisence or range card

• Like 1

Davis shooting sports in Goshen NY has a 100 yr indoor range. Just over the border from Vernon, NJ

• Like 2

My buddy just  went to wicen’s in PA since Clinton is closed and I’ve shot there a few times. Private range, gets busy but if you’re in the Clinton area it’s like a 50 min ride. Only goes to a little over 100 so it’s perfect for a slug gun. Guys there are mostly cool

Where you live and how far you are willing to travel will help you decide what to do...

PA does have some nice public ranges, Google "PA Game commision public range" and you will find a link with the game land number and descriptions of the ranges (50/100 yds etc.) and a map link also... some of the ranges you can shoot handguns at also.....But as others have said you need PA hunting license or their range permit (permit is like $31)

Davis in the Goshen NY  location is nice, they have a 100yds indoor range.

I recently went to Shooters in south Jersey. They have an outdoor 150yd range and you can shoot at 50,100 and 150... liked it a lot... 

Good luck!