IGNORED

Northern NJ

You should begin by doing local outreach at some of the schools. Maybe UBNJ can get some sponsorships to provide archery programs in some local elementary schools

They definitely do this! The state hs a program to helps schools as well, but I believe catch relies with the schools and having certified teachers to teach it though, but I will find out more about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, not on the rug said:

FYI...Linoln Park isn't "North Jersey,"  it's NYC runoff.  We need things in Warren, Sussex and Hunterdon County. Out here where trees still grow, rivers run and wildlife reside.  :rofl:

The man made a suggestion,no need to put down where he lives. There aren't many 3-D places left.I know of Lincoln Park,Appalachian Bowmen,Bergen Bowman and a real nice one,Farmers Sportsmen in Hunterdon County. The rest are Central and South Jersey. Are there any up in "Gods" country?

The man made a suggestion,no need to put down where he lives. There aren't many 3-D places left.I know of Lincoln Park,Appalachian Bowmen,Bergen Bowman and a real nice one,Farmers Sportsmen in Hunterdon County. The rest are Central and South Jersey. Are there any up in "Gods" country?

I don’t think he was putting it down. Northern region is large and spans many counties across the northern part of the state. I am a rep specifically for NW NJ, but am trying to help unite the northern region.

As for location, We have a trailer with 35 3-D targets we can and will set up. We are currently looking at renting one of the WMAs up here for a day or weekend at a time to hold a shoot.

49 minutes ago, toxo said:

I wasn't putting anyone down.  

I was basically stating that we need more things around here in the only actual rural part of the state.  

I would definitely be interested in having events up north. I live in Bergen County but bowhunt in Sussex and Warren and NY. I currently shoot at the Mahwah range, something could be hosted there. You did have a dinner a few years back that I attended up North and it was great. I agree, we all need to stick together and promote the sport of bowhunting, especially for the youths. I am a lifetime member of UBNJ. 

I would definitely be interested in having events up north. I live in Bergen County but bowhunt in Sussex and Warren and NY. I currently shoot at the Mahwah range, something could be hosted there. You did have a dinner a few years back that I attended up North and it was great. I agree, we all need to stick together and promote the sport of bowhunting, especially for the youths. I am a lifetime member of UBNJ. 

Thank you for being a life member!!
I’m new to everything and haven’t been around as long as many others have, but I Iove hunting and understand the attack we are under in this state. I got to work closely with VP John Erndl at the women’s deer camp I helped run a few weeks ago and it made me want to do more and contribute more... so here I am! I’m trying lol!
I will be taking all of the feedback back to him and be making plans to put this into action. I live in and hunt warren/Hunterdon so I’ll definitely be able to do events in the area. NorthEastern NJ I’m not as familiar with but I will find out who the rep is and try to communicate and work with them to help keep all our members happy and feeling included =)

3 hours ago, toxo said:

Not a life member myself.Paid many annual dues over courses of time.Gladly so!Justwas always that Since I've known the existence of UBNJ originated in I think Middlesex co.Hi Jack:happywave:There was a certain alienation, where you live?Who you know?Kudos to you to make a difference!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

17 hours ago, Dynamicduojx said:

I don’t think he was putting it down. Northern region is large and spans many counties across the northern part of the state. I am a rep specifically for NW NJ, but am trying to help unite the northern region.

As for location, We have a trailer with 35 3-D targets we can and will set up. We are currently looking at renting one of the WMAs up here for a day or weekend at a time to hold a shoot.

Sounds great! Make sure that you will have support and that people will show up. I was one of the guys that  started and ran the TANJ. We had Bent Creek close there place for a traditional shoot.Besides the 3 of us only 1 shooter showed up! Running shoots is harder then it looks. Watch the schedules of the other events and shoots going on. Get in touch with Dan Lonbardo,he has a lot of experience.

A meet and greet would be easier  to start off with.

Good Luck!:up:

Sounds great! Make sure that you will have support and that people will show up. I was one of the guys that  started and ran the TANJ. We had Bent Creek close there place for a traditional shoot.Besides the 3 of us only 1 shooter showed up! Running shoots is harder then it looks. Watch the schedules of the other events and shoots going on. Get in touch with Dan Lonbardo,he has a lot of experience.
A meet and greet would be easier  to start off with.
Good Luck!:up:

Thanks for the input! Definitely going to start with a meet and greet! I have heard that part of the problem is a lot of people want these things, but then never show up when we have them. I’m hoping that changes! I know we have a big and great group of hunters up here, hopefully with the changing times everyone realizes how important it is for us to stick together.