Screaminta

Saw something new today!

Was on an all day sit today with the m/l. While I didn’t see much I did see two fawns this morning. 1 button buck and 1 doe both definitely born this year about your average ~50lbs. I figured they were brother/sister maybe, no mom in sight.  They both come back this afternoon and both bed down 20yds away. When the doe got up, the button did also. This is when I noticed the button tighten up his rear legs and pee on them! He also then started to make the wimpiest, quietest grunt I ever heard. He was following her then all of a sudden he was chasing her and grunting like it was the full on rut and he was ready! This went on until they vanished in the thick stuff. I never realized at such a young age he would do that. Also, do you think the doe fawn could actually breed at that age? 

Just a first for me. Pretty cool to see. I added a pic of the two of them. Zoom in and you can see that they are very young. 

04A7F0CB-0A5E-43E3-94DD-5F148F9CA1ED.jpeg

• Like 5

Fawns can breed if they reach 80 lbs.  The better the habitat the more fawns will reach sexual maturity.  

Those two look nice and healthy. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 8.08.22 PM.png

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

Fawns can breed if they reach 80 lbs.  The better the habitat the more fawns will reach sexual maturity.  

Ya see... I never knew that.

Yet again, another reason you should write a book...

• Haha 1

They probably weren't mating but just the natural urge to mate, no different than a dog humping your leg. If she was hot a bigger buck would of been all over that:up:

Edited by bucky
  • Like 1

I never even knew the buck would get that “urge” at that age. After thinking about it I figured the doe could breed, I shot a 1.5 year old does last year during eab with a milk sack.

pretty cool to watch at least, got a kick out of it after a pretty dull day. 

• Like 1

Just now, Screaminta said:

I never even knew the buck would get that “urge” at that age. After thinking about it I figured the doe could breed, I shot a 1.5 year old does last year during eab with a milk sack.

In an attempt to control population growth every antlered buck was removed from a deer enclosure.   That year every doe ended up pregnant.   :rofl:  

13 minutes ago, Screaminta said:

I'm pushing 60 and  still have the urge to breed everyday, my doe not so much :doh2: I'm sure its a natural instinct for all mammals to breed no matter what age:kissy:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rusty said:

In an attempt to control population growth every antlered buck was removed from a deer enclosure.   That year every doe ended up pregnant.   :rofl:  

Lucky little guys!!!

• Agree 1

Prophead posted this picture,  it looks like this year's fawn coming into estrus.  

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 1.17.52 PM.png