TouchofGrey

Nashville favorites?

Got a real quick invite for trip to Nashville. Saw there was recent Post with some good tips.Outside of the Opery, its sold out for nights we're there. What bar, restaurants, tourist trap did you love\hate? Thanks.

• Like 1

Most of the tourist bars and restaurants are on or around Broadway between 5th and 2nd Ave.  Just walk that area and pick a place with the music you like best.  There are probably close to 30 bars in that few blocks with live music.  I usually have at least a few drinks at Rippy's seems to get pretty good music and not as jam packed with people as Tootsie's.   Johnny Cash,Ryman Auditorium and Country Music Hall of Fame are also right there.  For high end food in that area, Etch is a good place.  For bar type food there are lots of places including The Stillery, take a Lipitor before you eat at the Stillery, food is good but heavy.  The Hermitage Hotel has a nice bar downstairs called the Oak Bar, also walking distance to Broadway area.  There is also Printer's alley that has a few bars and restaurants that is also just a few block from Broadway.  Peg Leg Porker is a good BBQ place in the Gulch area.  Hattie B's is a famous "Hot Chicken" place down there but usually a line to get in.  If you are not familiar with hot chicken, it's just spicy fried chicken. 

15 minutes ago, TouchofGrey said:

Got a real quick invite for trip to Nashville. Saw there was recent Post with some good tips.Outside of the Opery, its sold out for nights we're there. What bar, restaurants, tourist trap did you love\hate? Thanks.

Went down w friends from Saturday to Tues in mid October....had an absolute blast!!  Hit bars like Tootsies n Rippys for real honky tonk, Luke Bryan's Huntin Fishin  loving everyday, AJs good times, Acme feed n seed is a cool bar with stuffed wild game animals on the walls.  Band at Jason aldean's bar covered some DEAD tunes for me for a few $s in tip jar!!

Be careful w the white lightning moonshine!!  Lol

Girl:guy ratio is 10:1....so put down a few scrapes n rubs!!!

Have fun!!

20190929_200810.jpg

• Like 1

If you like old, classic country check out Rob's Western World, cool bar, and the live entertainment usually plays the old stuff. Actually met, and hung out with Earl Scruggs grandson Chris there, he was performing. The Swinging Door was neat, it's off Broadway, and you have a good chance of running into a musician there. It's usually less crowded then the other places. My wife and I were having a beer, and in stumbled Brett Eldredge and his girl. Got to hang out and drink with them. Those were my favorite 2 spots. Obviously you have all of the main bars on the strip, which are much more lively, but if you're looking for more laid back, check out these 2 places. 

Think I am gonna make a trip there between now and the first of the year anyone know how far in advance you need to get tickets for the opery

36 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Went down w friends from Saturday to Tues in mid October....had an absolute blast!!  Hit bars like Tootsies n Rippys for real honky tonk, Luke Bryan's Huntin Fishin  loving everyday, AJs good times, Acme feed n seed is a cool bar with stuffed wild game animals on the walls.  Band at Jason aldean's bar covered some DEAD tunes for me for a few $s in tip jar!!

Be careful w the white lightning moonshine!!  Lol

Have fun!!

20190929_200810.jpg

OMg Bones.... Had a good laugh...Married 30 plus years... Country and Dead music spot on... Wife is coming we're a group  6.... Scrapes &rubs.... She would cut off and mount the barely legal spike with any shenanigans!! Thank you for the tips can't wait.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, smittty said:

Think I am gonna make a trip there between now and the first of the year anyone know how far in advance you need to get tickets for the opery

Hey Smitty, my friends booked this trip in August. They were able to get the tickets they wanted. We were boxed out booking so late. Got pretty good airfare out of Newark. Splitting an Airbnb.Trip Advisor Nashville is 1 spot I have been looking at. If there is an event or major star playing tickets are harder to get from what I've seen. This should be a blast from what I've heard looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Bonefreak said:

LMAO!!!!

Sounds like zone 5....

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TouchofGrey said:

Hey Smitty, my friends booked this trip in August. They were able to get the tickets they wanted. We were boxed out booking so late. Got pretty good airfare out of Newark. Splitting an Airbnb.Trip Advisor Nashville is 1 spot I have been looking at. If there is an event or major star playing tickets are harder to get from what I've seen. This should be a blast from what I've heard looking forward to it.

Yea thanks for that I think I will be driving cause I have a few stops in between 

Monell's at the Manor (or any of their other locations). Family style breakfast food that keeps coming until you physically can't move.  Best bacon I've ever had.  I'm told that their lunch and dinner and great  as well, but I can't speak to that firsthand.

The Acme down by the river is a neat place with multiple levels playing different vibes and decent food.

+1 for Hattie B’s -  their hot is like trying to eat lava so take their heat scale seriously!

Also Puckett’s is good for breakfast.

11 minutes ago, madeinuk said:

The Acme down by the river is a neat place with multiple levels playing different vibes and decent food.

+1 for Hattie B’s -  their hot is like trying to eat lava so take their heat scale seriously!

Also Puckett’s is good for breakfast.

Thanks UK.. It looks like Pucketts is a couple of blocks from our rental. And Acme is also close by. Getting stoked for this trip.  This is the best site for spot on reviews... No bs just tell it like it is. Got the recommendations noted. Cholesterol meds ready.As I suck at deer hunting and Costco has my back for protein. Blowing off December 6 day and will fill in days when I can. Thanks guys,like my Celtic ancestors I'm ready for some mid winter Pagan fun... As best a 60 year old can!

• Haha 1

Oh yeah.....

We also went to the historic Woolworth diner on 5th ave.....food was great, cocktails were great, and the history of it being one of the first desegregation of black n white people eating together was very interesting. Crazy time during our nation's history. 

Also wished I went to patsy Cline museum!

Tennessee Jed live on!!

https://woolworthonfifth.com/history/