This topic has never been broached in NJ Hunting Forum's before as far as I know. 

Is it legal to have two Shotguns in your possession during "Shotgun" season's?

For example, can someone have both a Slug Gun and Buckshot Gun in his possession at the same time.

In the case of Permit M/L and Shotgun Season OVERLAP, would it be legal to have both?

This is going to be fun. 

Edited by archer36

I don’t know how I know but I think you are allowed only one weapon during any season

2 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I don’t know how I know but I think you are allowed only one weapon during any season

That's clearly stated under Muzzleloader season but not any other. 

1 minute ago, smittty said:

I don't see why not

Let's see how it plays out. 

10 minutes ago, archer36 said:

That's clearly stated under Muzzleloader season but not any other. 

I don’t remember where I found it but I looked into this because I would like to bring with me muzzy and a bow or shotgun and a bow. 
what I found had something to do with the number of rounds you are allowed to have in your gun. You can only have 3 and with two guns you end up with 6. 

Dont quote me,  but I believe you can have 2 shotguns but can not have a bow and a shot gun..  on the other site there was someone who would have a slug gun and buck shot..  also while duck hunting i had to walk back to my truck with the warden because i left my lisence on my front seat.  She told me i could leave my gun with my buddy..  i said wouldn't that be illegal for him to be in possession of 2 guns hunting she said he was fine.   Now i don't know if it was the situation or not so take it for what uts worth

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I don’t remember where I found it but I looked into this because I would like to bring with me muzzy and a bow or shotgun and a bow. 
what I found had something to do with the number of rounds you are allowed to have in your gun. You can only have 3 and with two guns you end up with 6. 

I think it clearly states in the regs that you cannot possess a gun and bow at the same time. But nothing about TWO guns. Also, the Permit Shotgun and Permit M/L season overlap. Would it be legal to hunt with both? I see nothing in regs that will prevent it. I'm going to add this to my OP.

Edited by archer36

5 minutes ago, archer36 said:

I think it clearly states in the regs that you cannot possess a gun and bow at the same time. Think about this. The Permit Shotgun and Permit M/L season overlap. Would it be legal to hunt with both? I'm going to add this to my OP.

Well permit bow overlaps with both ML and Shotgun. Why couldn’t  I have my ML and bow with me? Either I use I would be legal as long as I have permit for both. 

Edited by Lunatic

Just now, Lunatic said:

Well permit bow overlaps with both ML and Shotgun. Why couldn’t  I have my ML and bow with me? Either I use I would be legal as long as I have permit for both. 

Because it EXPLICITLY states you cannot. Does not EXPLICITLY state two guns are illegal. 

Even if it is legal, why would anyone do that?  Carrying both a slug gun and a buckshot guns makes no sense.  Choose a weapon type based on the cover and style you are hunting and stick with it.  However, it is an interesting question even if irrelevant.    

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Here it is lunatic

Screenshot_20191203-091817_Web Browser.jpg

• Winner 1

1 minute ago, vdep217 said:

Here it is lunatic

Screenshot_20191203-091817_Web Browser.jpg

Shucks, I guess I have to stop using my explosive tip arrows. LOL

• Haha 2

Even if it is legal, why would anyone do that?  Carrying both a slug gun and a buckshot guns makes no sense.  Choose a weapon type based on the cover and style you are hunting and stick with it.  However, it is an interesting question even if irrelevant.    

This is my thought too. I have no idea of the legality of it but it seems like a huge pain in the a$$. Why would you want to carry 2 guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

There are areas where you can utilize both. It only has to be an area of mixed hardwoods and low brushy cover. I've had deer walk up to me 15 yds away and some I can shoot out to a 100 yds. Not advocating, just having some fun talking about it.