IGNORED

Yet another satisfied customer - American Tire & Auto Care

Haskell_Hunter

I was in the market for a new set of tiers for my 2018 Ram 2500, and decided to PM our very own tire expert, @Woodsman416 for some advice.  I sent him a photo of the tire I had on the truck and discussed with him the driving conditions I will most likely experience in the truck.  I settled on one of his two recommendations, mainly because he said they would do better in rain than the others.  I settled on the Michelin Defender LTXs in LT285/60R20.

I travel a lot and was planning a trip to northern NH a few weeks ago.  I left work in McLean, VA on a Thursday and drove up to Ken's shop, American Tire & Auto Care, 76 Church St.,Flemington, NJ 08822, (908)782-0446.  Ken had mentioned that he could swap out the tiers on Friday or Saturday, but when I got to the shop around noon on Thursday, he said he'd take care of them that day, and I could pick up the truck in the evening.  I couldn't have been happier that he was able to do them that day.  I got a ride back to Haskell (which is about an hour away from Ken's shop, but it is WORTH the drive) for a few hours and returned that evening.  Ken had road tested the tires and said "it was like driving on glass".

Normally, I would have written a review about the new tires that night.  However, I wanted to make sure these were the best tires I could get on the truck, so I waited to put a few miles on them.  I got the tires put on the truck on November 14, and since then have put 2,130 miles on the tires.  I drove to northern NH with @LPJR, and he said the truck drove like a Cadillac.  This past weekend I drove from NJ to VA Beach and back.  In NH we had snow-covered logging roads.  I never slid with these tires on, and drove in 4-high with confidence.  Driving back from VA Beach I hit the beginning of the snowstorm we have going on right now.  The tires were excellent with all of that rain and in heavy traffic.  I took the truck out today in the snow and slush; never once slid or had an issue with traction.

I am very happy that I have the right tires for my truck!  They are doing an excellent job, and they were recommended to me by @Woodsman416 (Ken) on this site.  Although his shop is an hour (without traffic) from my home, it was well worth the drive.  Excellent tire recommendation and excellent same-day service getting the tires on the truck.  After an initial 2K break-in, I know I will be very happy with these tires until the time comes to change them out.

If you want tires, contact Ken on the site, and then take your vehicles to:

American Tire & Auto Care
76 Church St.
Flemington, NJ 08822
(908)782-0446

Map: https://g.page/americantireflemington?share

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.