Big Blue

Browning trail cameras any advice???

Looking to purchase some new trail cameras..... Been reading reviews online I don't know what to believe...... Anyone have any experience with Browning and exact model numbers???? Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Just now, hunterbob1 said:

Love brownings. special ops. Software update and excellent customer service!

Are they good with replacing cameras?  I have a Command Ops Pro BTC-4P  and all of a sudden the menu commands stopped being responsive, can't set date or time, etc...and it eats batteries in a week!  I've only had it a year-I haven't tried to call them yet.

I've had some good luck with Bushnell's over the years as well as some Moultrie's. Picked up a bunch of the Essential E2's when they were on sale a few years back and they're still going strong. Bought 2 of the Moultrie M40i's over the summer when they were stupid cheap and they're better than I expected so far.  I'd say both are pretty even with photo quality, only thing I would say that differs is the Moultrie has a better detection when on video mode. I like to use video a lot and it seems the Bushnell's are a little delayed when picking up detection. 

• Agree 1

I had great results with the bushnell trophy cam series .

tried their new line up such as the aggressors and don’t like them half as much .

im going to try the spypoint force dark.

so far it’s ratings are well above most other cameras in that price range

I’m not crazy into cameras but I have 4 stealth cams that I’ve had for few years or more now and they’re still working. I usually don’t use them all season or all at once. Some I’ve left out all winter into the spring and one was out till the next season. Camofire.com usually always has stealth cams for sale some with packages of two with cards or cam with card and batteries. I like that they’re easy to setup and the newer ones have security code that you put in for it to work. 

I have 4 of the covert blackhawks 2018 and they are great. I also own 4 moultrie trace cameras and 2 primos bulletproof cameras and they all are good.  The moultrie cameras are 3 years old and the primos are 6 years old and are still working

I have one browning, it works when it feels like it. Will not be buying anymore unless they are super cheap.

I have several Browning TCs: Dark Ops Pro XD ( BTC 6 PXD), Strike Force HD Pro (BTC 5HDP); Strike force HD Pro X ( BTC 5 HDPX), and the Command Ops (can’t find the model #).  In my experience, they are excellent, great pictures, fast trigger speeds, and long battery life. The only negative IMO is that they aren’t cheap but you can find deals from time to time. 

I switched to Browning because I had nothing but problems with Moultrie and Bushnell not capturing pictures (despite tracks all over the place), time/date constantly changing etc.  But, that was just my experience. 

I use this site as a starting point for camera reviews: 

https://www.trailcampro.com

Good luck 

• Agree 1