IGNORED

Treestand Fall in Columbia Area

Bucndoe

A 70 year old hunter fell out of stand this morning on private property in Columbia area this morning. NO HARNESS. Anyone on here know the guy ? If so, please ask him why such a preventable accident was allowed to occur. Ain't a buck in the woods worth dying over.

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Some friends that I talk to that don't wear a harness are very blasé about it... they look at me funny when I ask if they are wearing a harness. "I've been hunting for XYZ years, never had a problem. Don't need one."

That's the attitude of the guys that don't wear one. They have been hunting "forever" and think they know what they are doing and don't need one.

3 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

Nobody needs one until they hit the floor. Especially this time of year with these weather conditions and icy steps and platforms. If I get to the stand and it’s iced up, I climb down and find a spot to sit on the ground. No reason to take chances. 

Very wise advice, especially coming from one who lives in trees.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

15 minutes ago, JimmyScags said:

I hunt with a bunch of  60yr  old guys that refuse to wear them. Gives me such bad anxiety. I’m 33 and won’t use a stand without a safety harness anymore. It’s just not worth the risk.

I know a guy in his late 50s who hunts with screwin steps and will not even use linesmen belt to get up, never mind harness. Some people have no imagination