IGNORED

Crossbow advice please

Look into the Barnett Recruit.. 300 FPS and lazer accurate to 60 yards.. 250 bucks and the the scope is a vortex, arrows made by Easton.. You can also get the crank that cranks it up and back down.... 5 year warrenty on everything... 4.1 Lbs as well. I love mine and I bought it for my son.

Well if you didn't order it already its to late cause it shows sold out. What ever you get find one he can let down with out firing. Most are made very good but they have so much power now that they can have problems from shooting them off every night IMO. Wear and Tear...I never had any problems before when I had to shoot it off every night at the truck but was always on my mind. It is a nice option to have when looking at a new CB. More and more are going that way when they are making them now.

lots of opinions, I shoot Ravin R10 light fast accurate that being said no need to spend 1300 to kill a deer. 

I have owned probably 7 crossbows of various brands. Horton, Parker, Barnett( 2)  Excaliber (2) , ravin (2)

I honestly can say any of them would be plenty to kill a deer at 30 yards and under. 

I use the rail on my climber to steady. Like others said watch fingers make sure you get a crank for easy cocking and 4 hours practice he would be ready! 

I have found some crossbows needed weight forward arrows ( bolts) to be accurate