Hunter115522

Crossbow advice please

Looking to get my dad a crossbow. He has hunted with the compound his entire life, but it's time for him to make the switch. Anyway I know nothing about them. A friend of mine told me about the crossbow I linked below, it's been $1,000 everywhere and I see it's on sportsman guide for $600. Is this deal too good to be true? Anyone know anything about this bow? In the research I've done it seems to be very highly rated. I would appreciate any feedback, thanks guys

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/tenpoint-turbo-gt-crossbow-package-with-acudraw-pro-175-lb-draw-weight?a=1933968&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=CI&gclid=Cj0KCQiAiZPvBRDZARIsAORkq7cAg2vqXP6KKdq-GOPsqA0GVHZA09UOgAP6xmPv6q4qS6-nhtFC0AAaAkkgEALw_wcB

I spent less then $500 total....that's with upgrading the scope, and quiver, and bolts and broadheads 

Crossman 380 Tormentor,  SA-550 Illuminated Scope, Kwikkee Kiver,  Victory Decimator Bolts, Rage Hypodermic Broadheads 

• Like 2

How old is your dad? Mine is 73 and has problems with the weight of the crossbow and keeping it steady. I bought a pse fang lt and it is light and manageble and it cost $230. I upgraded the scope to the tact zone. It shoots about 350 fps. Not bad for the price. I have a wicked ridge with the built.in rope and it is too heavy for him

Edited by KBfishing
  • Like 1

I know a guy who has bought and sold a bunch of crossbows over the last two years. He went back and bought this one that he absolutely loved. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2019-Barnett-TS370-Crossbow-Package-with-4x32-Scope/202427358991?_trkparms=5079%3A5000015450

You can buy a crank for another $90. 

Edited by archer36
  • Like 1

You will get a ton of good advice on this. 

Like several guys have said, don't need to break the bank. 

If I ever was to get a new crossbow, I am going to look into the KI units.  Fast, dependable, well made. Link below...

https://www.killercrossbows.com/

• Like 2

I was researching KI and read on numerous websites how they are experiencing cracked limbs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter115522 said:

. I would appreciate any feedback, thanks guys

Great xbow, warranty and customer service. Can’t go wrong with a Ten Point

5 minutes ago, BHC said:

I was researching KI and read on numerous websites how they are experiencing cracked limbs 

KI’s are solid. Many cracked limbs are due to user error, so many partial dry fires caused from broken nocks because guys don’t check them after EVERY shot. 

• Like 1

Many crossbows are made by one or two manufacturers,  they may have a slight design change so they can put their name and model number on them. 

CARBON EXPRESS, PSE, CENTERPOINT,  SA SPORT, and a few others ...these are all well made and designed 

Centerpoint owns Ravin, the Ravin line and the new Ravin/Centerpoint line are made here in the states

• Like 1

I've been looking at the KI RIPPER 415, many broken limbs being reported without any future fix....it comes with a lifetime warranty which is fabulous,  but doesn't help if its hunting season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KBfishing said:

How old is your dad? Mine is 73 and has problems with the weight of the crossbow and keeping it steady. I bought a pse fang lt and it is light and manageble and it cost $230. I upgraded the scope to the tact zone. It shoots about 350 fps. Not bad for the price. I have a wicked ridge with the built.in rope and it is too heavy for him

Hey buddy. He's 68. He's never even touched a crossbow, but it's time. He hunts from a ladder stand mostly, I'll try to rig up some kind of rest if it's too heavy. I appreciate the info. 

I have a 10 point. Love it love the lifetime warranty and I will probably have it for at least 10 years like all my compounds. 

• Like 1