Swamp_Yankee

Power out... (storm aftermath reporting here)

Add me to the list. Power out at 12:30. Will be in the stand by 6am. Will hook up the generator if we don't have power by lunchtime.

Edited by electric10162

21 hours ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Restored as of 6:00 a.m. - about 18 hours, which is pretty good for this area.  Tree came down and took the whole line out.  When I see the Nelson guys this summer I need to remember to buy them a couple cases of beer to try to get them to cut more.  

:up::up:

1 hour ago, electric10162 said:

Add me to the list. Power out at 12:30. 

Our lights were flickering on and off all day yesterday but somehow we never lost power.  We seem to be the only ones in the area that didn't lose it.   

Woke to about 8" -10".  Shoveled and plowed. Tried to commute. A dangerous mess could not get out of my town. Total obstacle course where trees had already been  cut to allow one lane to pass then met this new one down by Whittingham so just gave up and returned home. Fortunately my development was put on the Newton Hospital Power Grid so ok in that regard . Wind seems to be picking up so the worst may be yet to come.    The 2" of solid ice from freezing rain on Sunday glazed the trees up solid and then the heavy wet snows of yesterday were the final touch to an epic disaster.  Never seen so many trees down.    If you are traveling afar to hunt up in Sussex County - think twice!!!  Not safe and more than likely you won't get to your destination anyway!

18C0D4E9-7AD8-4CAB-8240-AB7882FD1DB4.jpeg

BD2A0493-1306-45DC-8327-5CC76419CF60.jpeg

Edited by JHbowhunter
  • Like 1

20191203_070129.thumb.jpg.e1d43e46237213352897f13068b17cfb.jpgits bad in Green.  Miracle I did not lose power.  Lines tore off house and are dangling but I still have juice.  First time 30 years tree hit the house.... 

Power went out yesterday but came back on in the afternoon and then out again lastnight now I just found out we won't get our power back on for 2-3 days here in Sussex..greatttt

It's is beautiful but such a pain in the ass

KIMG0203.JPG

KIMG0208.JPG

• Like 2

I spent the morning playing with the chainsaw.  We had trees and branches down but didn't lose power.   

3 hours ago, Slayer1962 said:

authorized Generac dealer :)

How much is the woods n water family discount?

All good here in buddlake  but all of these post gets me thinking I need to get a wood stove  installed  this year .