Bones

Stocking schedule question

From what’s posted on f&g website they stock 12/5 but not 12/7, what’s up with that or is that a mistake?

19 hours ago, Bones said:

From what’s posted on f&g website they stock 12/5 but not 12/7, what’s up with that or is that a mistake?

its for 6 day fire arm .... its werid however this year they usally stock the tuesday or thursday after sixday but this year next stocked day is 12/21

I emailed them the response I got back was they’re not sure why probably has something to do with 6 day firearms season. I’m calling now to confirm 

Since the State was only stocking one day this week, the State probably decided that it was better to stock on Thursday rather than Saturday because next week pheasant season is closed down for 6-day deer season. By stocking on Thursday it gives hunters 3 days to get the birds before the next week closure. If they stocked on Saturday, there would have been only one day to harvest the birds and more possibly would have held over into a week they couldn't be hunted. Then the birds would have been lost to predators and/or bad weather conditions.

On 12/1/2019 at 4:04 PM, Mixbaghunter said:

I believe  there is permit deer that day so no stocking 

2 hours ago, Mixbaghunter said:

The week after is permit that's why they are not stocking.  We lost those day when they add the doe days after 6 day

The OP was only asking about there being no stocking Dec 7, this coming Saturday. There is nothing in the deer regs that refer to permit deer hunting on Dec 7. Also the week after Dec 7 is the regular 6-day deer season not "permit".

3 hours ago, OldPiney Woods said:

Since the State was only stocking one day this week, the State probably decided that it was better to stock on Thursday rather than Saturday because next week pheasant season is closed down for 6-day deer season. By stocking on Thursday it gives hunters 3 days to get the birds before the next week closure. If they stocked on Saturday, there would have been only one day to harvest the birds and more possibly would have held over into a week they couldn't be hunted. Then the birds would have been lost to predators and/or bad weather conditions.

Just because 6 day is open pheasant does not close you can still hunt birds, so it makes no sense for the state to stock on a Thursday instead of the Saturday and I believe it's the 1st time they do so 

4 minutes ago, Costam07 said:

Just because 6 day is open pheasant does not close you can still hunt birds, so it makes no sense for the state to stock on a Thursday instead of the Saturday and I believe it's the 1st time they do so

Incorrect

FA6B6CC5-4502-469C-8130-AE114A277592.thumb.jpeg.d798a98d65b1fc11e0fc87eb927bed63.jpeg

• Like 1

Sorry sir thanks that actually something I have never noticed never actually looked because I don't pheasant hunt during the shotgun or muzzy season... good  info to know though

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Just because 6 day is open pheasant does not close you can still hunt birds,

Incorrect

FA6B6CC5-4502-469C-8130-AE114A277592.thumb.jpeg.d798a98d65b1fc11e0fc87eb927bed63.jpeg

I'm imagining the carnage that would ensue if they let the orange army out in the same woods as the dogs.  

:eek::shock:

:shotgun::uzi::mg:

• Like 1
  • Agree 3