BCsaw

Traeger or cabelas pro grill?

Cabela's has some competitive pricing going on...

Go with pit boss. It’s basically the sane unit as Traegerfor little less money. When I was buying I looked at some sites dedicated to smoking/grilling. Guys in there claimed pit boss and traeger had all main components identical, with same part numbers. I bought the pit boss and could not be more happy with it. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I bought a Traeger Pro22 because I got it at a very good price. I love it. However the pitbosses do have some appeal. I've never used one but the sliding heat shield looks like a great feature. Especally if it Sears when open.

You may want to check out the camp chief woodwind with sear box. That would probably be my choice

Edited by gobblergetter
  • Like 1

All stores with their name on products are either made by brand name companies or factories that replicate them. Most of the time you are getting the same thing for much less. 

After owning a treager for ten years I retired it and replaced it with a Pitt boss that being said at first I was kicking myself in the ass mainly because cleaning was more difficult but once the domed heat shield got seasoned and I got used to it it is now much better and I am happy and yes the the sliding shield is a very nice feature. What everyone you choose they all take time to get use to. You'll never put another chicken in the oven 

• Like 2

All stores with their name on products are either made by brand name companies or factories that replicate them. Most of the time you are getting the same thing for much less. 
Cabela's model was a failure according to reviews.

After owning a treager for ten years I retired it and replaced it with a Pitt boss that being said at first I was kicking myself in the ass mainly because cleaning was more difficult but once the domed heat shield got seasoned and I got used to it it is now much better and I am happy and yes the the sliding shield is a very nice feature. What everyone you choose they all take time to get use to. You'll never put another chicken in the oven 
Last year I smoked the Thanksgiving Turkey in a big weber grill with mesquite wood in a smoker box.
It's time to do it right now!

Don't waste no time prime rib for Christmas I like to age mine for three weeks then use oak at about 275 till internal temp hits 125 then tent it for a half hour or so

40 minutes ago, BCsaw said:

Last year I smoked the Thanksgiving Turkey in a big weber grill with mesquite wood in a smoker box.
It's time to do it right now!

How about samart instead of hard:happywave:

Lowe's had the Pit Boss smoker in stock.

*One person could handle the job if you have a hand truck.

This smoker had some hopper damage on an exterior corner. It was seen after the box was opened at home.

A call was made to Pit Boss and pictures were by sent by email for replacement parts.

The assembly is easy with included screws of the same size for joining parts.

After installing 3 legs, I stood the unit up to access the screws for the 4th leg installation.

Final assembly to be completed in the near future...

Who is the source of the Mesquite pellets?

What pellets do most smokers here use?

Lowe's had the Pit Boss smoker in stock.
*One person could handle the job if you have a hand truck.
This smoker had some hopper damage on an exterior corner. It was utseen after the box was opened at home.
A call was made to Pit Boss and pictures were by sent by email for replacement parts.
The assembly is easy with included screws of the same size for joining parts.
After installing 3 legs, I stood the unit up to access the screws for the 4th leg installation.
Final assembly to be completed in the near future...
Who is the source of the Mesquite pellets?
What pellets do most smokers here use?

I mostly use hickory or hickory cherry mix. I really can’t comment on other flavors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk