Hunter115522

Cabela's Wooltimate?

In the market for a new hunting jacket, primarily for bowhunting in cold weather. Anyone have Cabela's Wooltimate stuff? I was looking at the Outfitter Series jacket. Any opinions on it? Thanks guys.

Edited by Hunter115522

I own 3 pieces of the wooltimate (pants, jacket, and hooded pullover) and they are warm to say at the least. I never wear them while walking in, I put them on once I’m in the stand

• Like 1

I have a bunch of it.

i only wear it if it’s staying below 20 all day .

for days that start cold but warm up over 20 I like the Berber fleece better .

they also had a heavy version of wooltimate called stand hunter .

i like the pull over tops better than the jackets because of the kangaroo pocket .

• Like 2

I have stand hunter bibs.  To warm to wear them now you need the temps below 20. 

• Like 1

I’ve had a set of the cabelas wooltimate with windshear for about 10 years. Good stuff and would recommend to friends. But started to notice the seat of the pants starting to wear through around last season. 

Edited by CapeCod
  • Like 1

I wear the Berber fleece w wind shear. I bought the wooltimate vest and I gotta admit. It saved me in Ohio this year. Going to cabelas this week to buy the wooltimate pants 

• Like 1

Good stuff. I thought the stand hunter stuff seemed too bulky for bowhunting. The Wooltimate pants and jacket over a few layers is just right for cold, windy days.

056.thumb.JPG.95337a41bce75e4993beba9936678393.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy said:

I have stand hunter bibs.  To warm to wear them now you need the temps below 20. 

I bought them, put them on and they went back the same day. Way to heavy/hit for nj 

• Like 1

I always get cold so I got the stand hunter and the lighter stuff with windshear as well as the vest. Barely ever use the stand hunter set because the other set is plenty warm. The pants and the vest with a sweatshirt is often plenty as long as it’s 30 or above. As others have said, it’s so warm that you can’t walk in with it on even with all of the vent zippers opened up. The pocket placements on all of the stuff is well thought out too. You won’t regret buying this stuff. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Integracingsr said:

I always get cold so I got the stand hunter and the lighter stuff with windshear as well as the vest. Barely ever use the stand hunter set because the other set is plenty warm. The pants and the vest with a sweatshirt is often plenty as long as it’s 30 or above. As others have said, it’s so warm that you can’t walk in with it on even with all of the vent zippers opened up. The pocket placements on all of the stuff is well thought out too. You won’t regret buying this stuff. 

Appreciate the detailed info

• Like 1

I think hammers tolerance to cold is much higher than most but I think he works all winter in this cold which could explain. 
I don’t walk to my stand in Wooltimate . I walk in two light layers and then once in I put in my Wooltimate. I use the the lighter hooded jacket you see in woodsman picture  from 40s to 30. Anything lower or significant wind the parka comes out, stand hunter, and. Can sit in it all day. No such a thing for me as too hot, unless it’s above freezing or I’m walking.  

Edited by Lunatic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1