IGNORED

Whittingham stocking sucked ass Both times this week

Rutting Buck

The division of Fish and wildlife sucked major canal water this week we’re stocking on Tuesday and Wednesday. I was out with my dog Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and zero bird seen. Today they put most of the birds in one field on the north side of the property. I hunted the southern end on Shotwell road and not one shot between 11 guys and 9 dogs.  I’m never buying another New Jersey pheasant stamp ever again

Edited by Rutting Buck

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

1 minute ago, Rutting Buck said:

The division of Fish and wildlife sucked major canal water this week we’re stocking on Tuesday and Wednesday. I was out with my dog Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and zero bird seen. Today they put most of the birds in one field on the north side of the property. I hunted the southern end on Shotwell road and not one shot between 11 guys and 9 dogs.  I’m never buying another New Jersey pheasant stamp ever again

Hey Rutt.. I don't have a dog and have been on the not getting a license bandwagon. I hunt Black River. You are correct the Stocking is different this year. There is a rotation between the lots. If you choose wrong there will be few if any birds. I can say at BR, if you have a dog with a minimum amount of skill, you can do well there after 10am on stocking days. I have seen it this year guys and their dogs are doing well. Also, I would consider The Gap. Several guys here are making a killing there. I understand the rant but before abandoning Public for private the State is forcing changes on bird hunters. Hope this helps, try and enjoy the rest of today with your hunting partner and family.

I only hunt Colliers Mills late mornings or afternoons and I have to say that I always get a bird or two and they are in all the areas. The problem where you are hunting and in other areas might be the guys who do the stocking that they just dump the birds in one spot and then go for a nap, donuts  or back home.  Contact F&W and voice your concerns in a positive manner and maybe they can address it for you.

And, I would add that all the birds we have taken have been really nice.

Edited by RPK0620

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

Clinton on Tuesday and today wasn't the greatest few shots today but Tuesday of there where 10 shots total I'd say was alot... seems like some wma's are getting stocked correctly and others horribly. Those where the only 2 days I've been in Clinton but from the complaining going on from hunters on 2 different lots seems like the state is dropping the ball  again. 

5 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

I didnt catch many trout this year but I'm not going to blame the state for lack of success. I'll look at what colors and locations I chose and see if I can make changes for success. Perhaps this logic could be applied to your situation???

Maybe so, but what I do know is I have a dog that is trained. Granted she is young but the first 3 times out on state land  we at least saw some birds and did get one each time. When I go to my club she is always on the birds. Maybe it’s someone got there before we did?  All I’m stating is that it’s a disappointment to not see any birds several times in a row. 

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

I believe with the reallocation the North is now being stocked differently. Not all fields being stocked every stocking, instead rotating and more birds in one area than another on a given day. This gives mixed reviews from hunters, pick the right field and you say the state is doing better this year, pick the wrong one and you go empty handed. Get off the fields and start hunting the thick, nasty, wooded and swampy areas. We are doing well in those locations. After this windy day these areas will be full of birds tomorrow. Tougher hunting but it is where the birds are. 

AWM

I dont live far from Manasquan WMA and heard plenty of shots this morning so guess it had plenty of birds or the guys hunting can't shoot

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

On 11/28/2019 at 9:52 AM, Costam07 said:

Clinton on Tuesday and today wasn't the greatest few shots today but Tuesday of there where 10 shots total I'd say was alot... seems like some wma's are getting stocked correctly and others horribly. Those where the only 2 days I've been in Clinton but from the complaining going on from hunters on 2 different lots seems like the state is dropping the ball  again. 

I hunted Clinton on thanksgiving and yesterday. Hardly any birds at all. I must have picked the wrong field twice!