TheGreek

Shedding Already??

So... had a buck on my property I saw regularly daylight up until the 20th... my cameras been acting up but got a pic of 1/2 rack. This buck is not been pressured at all and to my surprise he lost one side.

IMG_0558.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been seeing this buck regularly since Sept and gave him a pass many times. As far back as a week ago he was with a doe and saw him 3 different times all day long.y cameras have been acting up lately so when I went to pull the cards I caught a glimpse of a 1/2 rack buck. I knew which one it was instantly but could not confirm based on the angle.... last night he was back and he’s lost a side in an area gets very little to no pressure.

Only other possibility is he got busted up by one of the big boys I know are around

IMG_0558.jpgIMG_0559.jpg

Thanks but...Those windows have full screens on them I don’t hunt from inside the house. There’s woods in front and behind house. Feeder I keep there so does travel toward it

38 minutes ago, NotJust22s said:

They shed when there are no more does in their area to breed so not out of the question.

I assume you are kidding ... 

• Like 1

Eatly shedding comes from stress which can incorporate many factors 

• Like 1

I would assume with the heavy acorn crop, plus all other types of food that they are all fatten up and shouldn't be a nutrient thing, but what the hell do I know,lol