Bowhunter2004

Illinois 2019 Success

Congrats all the way around... sounds like plenty of highs and lows but you prevailed in the end... absolute toad this year and real beauty last year.... as far as the giant you were seeing.... that's what hunting dreams are made of... good luck in second season getting a crack at him 

• Like 1

Nice buck!  Very cool and unique rack, lot of character!  Great story to go with it and hell of a mount from your buck last year!  Congrats all around! :up:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

How do you get a 2nd archery buck tag?

I get the nonresident land owner tags, I am able to buy another archery tag?

I must be missing something. I have 2 giants Im after but tagged out with bow and gun. 

If I can get another tag I absolutely love hunting food plots late season

:hmmmer:

great buck (s) - congratulations!   Sounds like despite not having the property in the shape you wanted the bucks were in there for the rut and you did very well!   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

I must be missing something. I have 2 giants Im after but tagged out with bow and gun. 

I thought same thing .

looks like nonresident land owners can now use that tag , then buy an archery tag.

residents could buy a second archery tag always , but if tag two bucks their gun tag couldn’t be used .

maximum of 2 bucks per year .

so would think the same now applies to non resident land owners .

wording in the past didn’t leave that gray area open to interpretation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

Tom, if you filled both your gun and bow buck tags then your done for this year. As I’m sure you already know,  no matter how you add it up your only  allowed two bucks a year in illinois. In future years if you fill your POH archery buck tag early, you can go buy a 2nd either sex non resident archery permit and kill your 2nd buck with archery equipment.... but if you fill that 2nd buck tag your firearm buck tag is no longer valid. I confirmed this with the game warden and keep his text on my phone to show anyone that may questions it. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bowhunter2004 said:

Tom, if you filled both your gun and bow buck tags then your done for this year. As I’m sure you already know,  no matter how you add it up your only  allowed two bucks a year in illinois. In future years if you fill your POH archery buck tag early, you can go buy a 2nd either sex non resident archery permit and kill your 2nd buck with archery equipment.... but if you fill that 2nd buck tag your firearm buck tag is no longer valid. I confirmed this with the game warden and keep his text on my phone to show anyone that may questions it. 

Good to know. I thought maybe they changed something with landbowner tags this year.