IGNORED

Hog Aggression in Texas

Stan Putz

I've been going to a hog outfitter in Ga the last couple years and one of the plantations where the outfitter has permission to bring clients is home to a hunting club to a few wealthy individuals.  We go there off Ga deer and turkey season to cull some hogs.  Supposedly, one of the wealthy club members got badly mauled by a hog that he'd shot and thought was dead.  It turned on him as he approached the hog and it took another member shoot the hog a second time to get it off his friend.

I have hog hunted a pretty good amount , some run some fight . just like humans they have attitudes lol

I have seen two hogs fighting , one gored the other and its intestines were hanging out. The other hog started eating it alive pulling intestines out. pretty nasty animals 

I saw one stuck with an arrow that looked like a horror show blood spraying everywhere. My friend ran and wanted no part of the hog standing his ground. 

2 rounds from a Glock 40 ended his rage quickly. 

1 hour ago, Slayer1962 said:

I have hog hunted a pretty good amount , some run some fight . just like humans they have attitudes lol

I have seen two hogs fighting , one gored the other and its intestines were hanging out. The other hog started eating it alive pulling intestines out. pretty nasty animals 

I saw one stuck with an arrow that looked like a horror show blood spraying everywhere. My friend ran and wanted no part of the hog standing his ground. 

2 rounds from a Glock 40 ended his rage quickly. 

I've seen one kill a dog, that was heartbreaking. I've seen a couple try to drown dogs. I saw a pitbull get run over by a big boar, broke a couple of his ribs, put him out of commission for a while. Most hog dogs I've seen have scars, a couple had partial or missing ears, and one had lost an eye. Hogs are nasty animals, especially the bigger ones.

I have only seen them charge a human once, and it was more like the person was in their way and they needed an escape route. Sounds simple to say "just shoot it" but it all happens so quickly, most times you'll only get one shot off, if that.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

I’ve hunted hogs at night in Texas on private property a few times and all I can say is hearing a boar growl in the pitch black is extremely unsettling. Last trip we shot two big sows at the feeders, when we went up to go check em out one was still alive in the brush, ended up emptying the ar-10 mag Into it. Anyone who says 30 round mags are unnecessary has never been hog hunting at night