Swamp_Yankee

Insert recommendation?

We've been in our house for a little over two years now and have thoroughly enjoyed our fireplace:

iXdvoOQ.jpg

However, I'd like to be able to use it for more than just ambiance, but rather to heat our 1880s farmhouse. Truth be told though I don't like the looks of most inserts. One of the things I really don't like is how small most of them are in relation to the actual fireplace opening, which necessitates what I refer to as "filler panels" on the top and sides. At the same time, I realize that a firebox as large as the fireplace opening would probably not be feasible. That said, something like this (Montlake 230) is close to what I would be looking for. I also like the fact that it protrudes from the fireplace opening and has a "shelf" where a kettle can be placed, etc...

oawapCA.jpg

Some specs on the fireplace:

Opening - 45" x 29"
Hearth Depth - 18.5"
Firebox Depth - 25"

Looking forward to some recommendations. *EDIT* Some specs on the house as well: 2600 SF total-1st floor is 1880s construction, somewhat drafty, 2nd floor is 1998 addition and much tighter. Heat is via oil fired hydronic baseboard. Fireplace is situated in a 15' x 20' room and first floor is mostly open layout.