IGNORED

11/22 Check In

mightyhunter

Nothing but a doe at night on the camera for 3 days, and coons and fox.  Followed the trail back farther into thick stuff and found more scrapes and big rubs.  Unfortunately, somebody doesn't follow the rules and has a ladder stand set up there.  Probably why they stopped coming through to where I was.  Went all the way back to the river and found more scrapes that have fresh prints in them.  Put the camera over a big scrape back there.  

Doe down!

Heard her coming in just before legal time but she must have spotted me in the tree and went on HIGH alert! Not shocking for a pine deer but this girl was the most nervous doe I ever saw. She made a big half circle in front of me (in the dark) slowly taking a few steps then stopping each time. By the time she worked her way back in front of me it was light enough to see it was a doe. She never looked away from my direction for more than a few seconds! Finally, she had her head behind a tree long enough for me to quickly shoulder the crossbow. She then took the couple steps forward to expose the vitals and I let one fly! She went 50 yards or less and piled up. Best part was that she ran towards where I could get the truck!

(Sorry for the back of the pickup picture but I was alone today)

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

Edited by mightyhunter