Dominant buck

Maine 2019

Maine deer hunt 2019.

Just a blog on hunt. It's been a long time since I've been up,  went to some old spots on monday and Tuesday,  thrilled to see tons of sign. 

Had 3 doe,2 moose come within feet of me on Monday,  Tuesday had snow sleet, tracked a buck till 230pm , 1.7 miles, had to get off him, he wasn't stopping, my nephew had 3 different  bucks chasing does all over on his mountain,  cedar swamps.  Couldn't get a shot, we will head over to his mountain  tomorrow to focus on them.

Northwoods are a special place,  deer numbers are low, odds of getting one are even lower, but it's the chase and challenge that brings out the true outdoorsman in you, from shooting, to basic compass,gps, map reading , in order to succeed up here. 

Hopefully tomorrow is the day

• Like 20
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Good luck! I wish I was in Maine. My buddies are up there this week, one of the guys at camp got a 190lbs 6 point today.

Best of luck dominant buck . We rolled into the rangeley region at 130 today and by 230 I was sitting in a stand , my cousin set earlier this week . After a good nights sleep tonight , we will pick up some tracks tomorrow. Had tons of buck tracks and a bunch of coyotes going off just before dark tonight . Where are you hunting ?

• Like 1

I spent a lot of my earlier years hunting those big woods up there in Maine. Not a easy task but when you are rewarded you earned it. Good luck.

52 minutes ago, Dominant buck said:

Maine deer hunt 2019.

Just a blog on hunt. It's been a long time since I've been up,  went to some old spots on monday and Tuesday,  thrilled to see tons of sign. 

Had 3 doe,2 moose come within feet of me on Monday,  Tuesday had snow sleet, tracked a buck till 230pm , 1.7 miles, had to get off him, he wasn't stopping, my nephew had 3 different  bucks chasing does all over on his mountain,  cedar swamps.  Couldn't get a shot, we will head over to his mountain  tomorrow to focus on them.

Northwoods are a special place,  deer numbers are low, odds of getting one are even lower, but it's the chase and challenge that brings out the true outdoorsman in you, from shooting, to basic compass,gps, map reading , in order to succeed up here. 

Hopefully tomorrow is the day

Nice D.B! Best of luck up there! 

Will be deer hunting the big woods of Pittsburg New Hampshire this week with another member from here and a buddy. No idea what to expect, looks like a blast though. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bad64chevelle said:

Best of luck dominant buck . We rolled into the rangeley region at 130 today and by 230 I was sitting in a stand , my cousin set earlier this week . After a good nights sleep tonight , we will pick up some tracks tomorrow. Had tons of buck tracks and a bunch of coyotes going off just before dark tonight . Where are you hunting ?

Hunting moose river area,  

Good luck to you and your crew, hunt safe, make some great memories. 

We saw a crew from NJ heading home sunday as we where pulling in, they had 4 monsters on their trailer. That's really good for up here 

Now that's hunting!!  Keep us posted and best of luck up there DB!!  :up::up:

hopefully one of you bags a pig! those deer are close to horses lol

My brother lived there for about 10 years and said toughest hunting he had ever done .

My gosh get on that mountain and show your nephew how to throw some lead will ya!!

Good luck!