IGNORED

Maine 2019

Dominant buck

Maine deer hunt 2019.

Just a blog on hunt. It's been a long time since I've been up,  went to some old spots on monday and Tuesday,  thrilled to see tons of sign. 

Had 3 doe,2 moose come within feet of me on Monday,  Tuesday had snow sleet, tracked a buck till 230pm , 1.7 miles, had to get off him, he wasn't stopping, my nephew had 3 different  bucks chasing does all over on his mountain,  cedar swamps.  Couldn't get a shot, we will head over to his mountain  tomorrow to focus on them.

Northwoods are a special place,  deer numbers are low, odds of getting one are even lower, but it's the chase and challenge that brings out the true outdoorsman in you, from shooting, to basic compass,gps, map reading , in order to succeed up here. 

Hopefully tomorrow is the day

Best of luck dominant buck . We rolled into the rangeley region at 130 today and by 230 I was sitting in a stand , my cousin set earlier this week . After a good nights sleep tonight , we will pick up some tracks tomorrow. Had tons of buck tracks and a bunch of coyotes going off just before dark tonight . Where are you hunting ?

52 minutes ago, Dominant buck said:

Maine deer hunt 2019.

Just a blog on hunt. It's been a long time since I've been up,  went to some old spots on monday and Tuesday,  thrilled to see tons of sign. 

Had 3 doe,2 moose come within feet of me on Monday,  Tuesday had snow sleet, tracked a buck till 230pm , 1.7 miles, had to get off him, he wasn't stopping, my nephew had 3 different  bucks chasing does all over on his mountain,  cedar swamps.  Couldn't get a shot, we will head over to his mountain  tomorrow to focus on them.

Northwoods are a special place,  deer numbers are low, odds of getting one are even lower, but it's the chase and challenge that brings out the true outdoorsman in you, from shooting, to basic compass,gps, map reading , in order to succeed up here. 

Hopefully tomorrow is the day

Nice D.B! Best of luck up there! 

Will be deer hunting the big woods of Pittsburg New Hampshire this week with another member from here and a buddy. No idea what to expect, looks like a blast though. 

8 hours ago, Bad64chevelle said:

Best of luck dominant buck . We rolled into the rangeley region at 130 today and by 230 I was sitting in a stand , my cousin set earlier this week . After a good nights sleep tonight , we will pick up some tracks tomorrow. Had tons of buck tracks and a bunch of coyotes going off just before dark tonight . Where are you hunting ?

Hunting moose river area,  

Good luck to you and your crew, hunt safe, make some great memories. 

We saw a crew from NJ heading home sunday as we where pulling in, they had 4 monsters on their trailer. That's really good for up here