IGNORED

May Purchase This After The New Year

BHC

I can't believe the quality of the CenterPoint Crossbows, they get very good reviews yet they don't break the bank. Been eyeing this model for about 2 months, I may get one after the new year. Of course I will upgrade the quiver, scope and bolts.....Seen it for sale as low as $332.00

https://www.crosman.com/archery/centerpoint-crossbows/amped-415

Edited by BHC

5 minutes ago, Zone50BugNerd said:

I ditched both a Barnett and an Excalibur for my Sniper 370 Whisper Elite.  Bought it as a backup for $249, it is now my everyday shooter.  I still can’t believe the quality of this bow for the price.  

Currently I have a CenterPoint 380 Tormentor, I will admit I was skeptical of a crossbow from a airgun maker. But then I handled and shot it and I was surprised on the quality of it, that one hour later I had one ordered. I did upgrade the scope and quiver as well as the bolts, the supplied bolts are my discharge bolts.

Just now, BHC said:

CenterPoint purchase Ravin, the CP400 got very good reviews, they only issue is the trigger at roughly 7 lbs

I hadn’t seen about the trigger ,

7 pounds is crazy .

my KI 370 furious with trigger tech trigger  is under 2 pounds ,

‘after shooting it I tried a KI furious 9.5 that had a 3 pound trigger and that felt too hard .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

11 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

I agree, a 7lb trigger would make any shot difficult. There is so much pressure required that at break of the trigger movement of the aim point is guaranteed 

I would not hit a deer with 7 lb. Almost everything I have is as light as it is possible. I really struggle to make the shot happen with a hard trigger.

14 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I hadn’t seen about the trigger ,

7 pounds is crazy .

my KI 370 furious with trigger tech trigger  is under 2 pounds ,

‘after shooting it I tried a KI furious 9.5 that had a 3 pound trigger and that felt too hard .

I had a Centerpoint and got rid of it because the trigger.  I think it was the Sniper 370.  Replaced with the Killer Instinct Furious 370FRT with TriggerTech.  That trigger is on par with, if not better, than the best rifle triggers I've ever pulled.  Makes a huge difference.   So far very happy with the KI but did replace the bolts and will be replacing the scope shortly with a Hawke XB1.

2 hours ago, MikeStaten said:

I had a Centerpoint and got rid of it because the trigger.  I think it was the Sniper 370.  Replaced with the Killer Instinct Furious 370FRT with TriggerTech.  That trigger is on par with, if not better, than the best rifle triggers I've ever pulled.  Makes a huge difference.   So far very happy with the KI but did replace the bolts and will be replacing the scope shortly with a Hawke XB1.

I liked my 370 with triggertech trigger .

They claimed the 9.5 was just a little heavier at 3 pounds.

After shooting the 1.5 pound TT the 3 pound feels like 10.

I may try and swap out front ends as the rest is very close to have the 370 with 3 pound trigger and the furious 9.5 have the better trigger 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I liked my 370 with triggertech trigger .

They claimed the 9.5 was just a little heavier at 3 pounds.

After shooting the 1.5 pound TT the 3 pound feels like 10.

I may try and swap out front ends as the rest is very close to have the 370 with 3 pound trigger and the furious 9.5 have the better trigger 

The 1.5# is a little scary at first but once you get used to it, it is really nice and accurate.  I don't think people appreciate a good trigger like they ought to.  Really shines when shooting offhand especially when you may be inclined to yank the trigger, like when a big deer is standing in front of you.