18 hours ago, Buck154 said:

I tried the Muck boots and they are a lot lighter but I have a hard time getting them to last a entire season.  The Lacrosse Alfa Burlys lasted me a couple years. 

As I get older weight becomes a big issue for me. I have about a 300 yd walk to one of my stands. A heavy boot makes me sweat more. I have to compensate by not putting on a second pair of socks until I get to the stand or carry in some clothing. If they could only make a warm boot that's also light. But that's all relative I guess. 

• Like 1

Check out Dryshod boots.

Engineers from Muck started it after Honeywell bought out Muck.

Better boot than Muck. 

i have a few different pairs. 

I've had two pair of LaCrosse and like them a lot.  The most recent pair is Muck and really like them as much.  My favorites are Sorels.  They are not rubber boots but Pac Boots.  Have them for almost 25 years for late season and love them.  Still in great shape.

During early season I wear Lacrosse AeroHead Sport. Once cold enough I'll switch to the AlphaBurlys. If its brutal cold, I'll wear Cabelas Saskatchewan Boots.

I’ve never worn any rubber boots. My issue of feet sweating. If mine sweet with breathable booth I could only imagine what they would be like in rubber. Am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red wing irish setters both split where they bent at the toes.  Had to seam seal for leaks and patch the splits after 1 year of verylittle use.  Alpha burley pros fit a lot better and have been worn most of the times I've hunted for 3 or 4 years now.  They're still like new.

1036219267_20191121_1722481.thumb.jpg.38f88a40eda87e40659ecb26345d2b94.jpg

I like Lacrosse boots, but these boots have two drawbacks.

For me anyway these are difficult to get on and off. A friend who was a truck driver at toxic waste sites  had lots of experience with rubber boots. He advised me to put plastic bags over my socks to solve this problem. It works as long as the bags don't slide down when walking.

The other downside is the boots become pourous around the ankle flex point after two or three seasons.

I have had the 1500 gram version and found that too warm. Currently I use the 800 gram version and then only if the temperature is significantly below freezing.

52 minutes ago, Noreastbeast said:

I love muck boots but my Burlys are what i wear when it gets cold cold..

I have the Woody Sports, but just bought a pair of Arctic Pros.  Hoping they are better for sitting.  I expect them to be.  They are a lot heavier and thicker.

Edited by Nomad

I have those exact boots. Got them a year and a half ago. Just after a year, the fabric on the inside heal started to tear. Same stupid thing happened to my Cabelas branded boots, only these LaCrosse were some $50 more. Was hoping for better quality on the inside seams. I ended up cutting a small square out of an old T-Shirt and used shoe-glue to cover it up on the inside. That kinda helped, but I'm sure it won't be long before that comes off and the seam continues to tear.

I also don't like the neoprene at the top - they tear up too easy going through thick stuff and briars. When I buy rubber boots, I want rubber boots - not half-and-half. I don't like neoprene because its so easy to tear.

I was going to try these next - not sure how much better they will be (these are boots from the founders of Muck who started another company after selling Muck):

"Dryshod Men's NOSHO Ultra Hunt Cold-Conditions Rubber Boots"

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=2947487