1 minute ago, Tarhunt said:

Mucks are lighter but, the inside heels wear out quickly.

I believe it.   Had mine for 2 years still good.  Got a couple gashes thru the sides of my Lacrosse up in Maine.  Walking thru those cuts can be bad.  I know mucks and briars are not too good, get ripped up if you wear them outside your pants.

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Get Mucks, much lighter and easier to get on and off.  Wore Lacrosse for many years. 

:headscratch: my all rubber burlys are the easiest boots for me to take off. Why did you have problems getting them off?

• Agree 1

Just now, MGHunter66 said:

:headscratch: my all rubber burlys are the easiest boots for me to take off. Why did you have problems getting them off?

I guess it depends how tight a fit you have.  I wear them pretty snug up in Maine walking 6-10 miles a day.  Feet get soaked in them also from sweat.  My feet stay a lot dryer in the Mucks.  May not be applicable for NJ hunting with short walks to and from stand.

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I guess it depends how tight a fit you have.  I wear them pretty snug up in Maine walking 6-10 miles a day.  Feet get soaked in them also from sweat.  My feet stay a lot dryer in the Mucks.  May not be applicable for NJ hunting with short walks to and from stand.

Gotcha, makes sense with snug fit. Mine are oversized because they are mainly stand hunting boots. My walking distance boots are Kamiks

• Like 1

I think this was a Lacrosse.;)

Edited by Nomad
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Wore alpha burlys all the time, 

if it wasn't for a boot jack they weren't coming off.

Been wearing different mucks depending on the temps. and find them more comfortable

I do think the Lacross have better ankle support though .

Kamicks are the WORST walking boot I ever wore, horrible support.

Will be using them on the boat and that's it

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Get Mucks, much lighter and easier to get on and off.  Wore Lacrosse for many years. 

I tried the Muck boots and they are a lot lighter but I have a hard time getting them to last a entire season.  The Lacrosse Alfa Burlys lasted me a couple years. 

9 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Wore alpha burlys all the time, 

if it wasn't for a boot jack they weren't coming off.

Been wearing different mucks depending on the temps. and find them more comfortable

I do think the Lacross have better ankle support though .

Kamicks are the WORST walking boot I ever wore, horrible support.

Will be using them on the boat and that's it

Which Kamiks do you have?

9 hours ago, Buck154 said:

I tried the Muck boots and they are a lot lighter but I have a hard time getting them to last a entire season.  The Lacrosse Alfa Burlys lasted me a couple years. 

Are you tearing them up on briars?

43 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Are you tearing them up on briars?

I'm hard on boots and put them through everything but wasn't from briars. One pair cracked where they flex and the other pair can't remember. I liked them just didn't last. 

My last pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly boots lasted about 5 years before leaking, which is a lot longer than any boots I ever owned before. I will probably replace them this spring, my only complaint is that they are a little heavy, and my feet start dragging in them at the end of the day. Muck boots are comfortable, but seem to rip & leak a lot earlier, Lacrosse seems like a better value for your $$.

• Like 1

Love my alpha Burly boots. far superior in my opinion than the competitors out there. Never had a leak in the two pairs i own (insulated and uninsulated). ONLY issue, which is not really an issue, the camo on my pair I wear most has really scraped off. Never saw that with other pairs in the past. Not really an issue since the camo is novelty...

comfort/support/grip/warmth/waterproof--- cant go wrong. 

19 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Ice breakers 

Gotcha, they ate not really designed for walking in hills, ruts or rocks. For that I use the Cody, sturdier design, comfortable and extremely warm during sits. I don’t think there is a better boot out there. But it is not rubber top to bottom

1D96C492-4FDA-48F0-B524-A20DF29C9499.thumb.jpeg.d34f8c92311e1405c62a7f4cf0aef860.jpeg

• Like 1