I just got a pair of Lacrosse 18" rubber boots.  Never had a pair before...I like that they are so tall and waterproof.  We will see if they are warm enough.

I notice they kinda fold into themselves slightly when walking, but they are rubber.  Seem pretty comfy but I need to test them on a long walk and also test them for warmth in the stand.

Any fans of this style boot?  how have yours held up long term?

https://www.lacrossefootwear.com/productfamily/alphaburly-pro?sortId=product_family-asc 

I just bought the same boots. I've never owned Lacrosse boots before. I always had Mucks but, they seemed to wear out quickly. I'll be wearing them this weekend. 

I have worn alpha burly 1500gr thinsulate for 15 years. Never had a problem with them and have been warm enough for everything but the coldest long sits. Two foot warmers on those days and you’re golden. Seems like the new ones have a neoprene upper? Mine are rubber from top to bottom

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

I just bought the same boots. I've never owned Lacrosse boots before. I always had Mucks but, they seemed to wear out quickly. I'll be wearing them this weekend. 

cool what color did you get just curious?  I found an all brown color online

4 minutes ago, splitrockoutdoors said:

cool what color did you get just curious?  I found an all brown color online

Camo. 

Doesn't get anymore old school that Lacrosse burly!!

My go to huntin n fishin boot for bout 25 yrs. Just started my 2nd pair last year!!  

If ur worried bout cold feet, buy an extra size bigger for room for extra socks....rarely have to leave em home in lieu of cold weather pac boots!

A few years ago I got sucked into the Muck boot craze n tried em out, rotated em in throughout the huntin n fishin seasons for bout 4 yrs, n they crapped out n leaked....as well as caught burrs n stickers on their material...... muck boot experiment conclusion had negative results. 

Screenshot_20191119-190548_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Bonefreak
  • Like 1

I can't comment on Lacrosse, I've only ever had Kamiks.  If it ain't broke  .  .  .  .  

2 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I can't comment on Lacrosse, I've only ever had Kamiks.  If it ain't broke  .  .  .  .  

Phenomenal boots, have them as well. My daughter now wears the Icebreakers my son grew out of. Talk about longevity :up:

• Like 1

I think I got a size too big.  not on purpose, but since I will be much more sitting than walking I think I will keep the bigger size and be able to have room to shove a hand warmer in each if need be

Just now, Rutting Buck said:

LaCrosse is a damn good boot, I've been wearing them for 9 years

Get Mucks, much lighter and easier to get on and off.  Wore Lacrosse for many years. 

Just now, Nomad said:

Get Mucks, much lighter and easier to get on and off.  Wore Lacrosse for many years. 

Mucks are lighter but, the inside heels wear out quickly.

I bought the cabelas version for $60. I’m not saying they are better then these bigger name brands but at this point I don’t need anything more. 3rd season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk