MikeStaten

Planting your own birds on wma?

I believe it is no problem planting pheasants on a wma provided that you have a receipt from a game farm and you abide by the 2 bird limit.  You also can't prevent others from hunting the birds yoy plant.  However, what are the rules regarding planting chukar?  

I don’t see a reason bother.  Call a warden and ask. 

42 minutes ago, MikeStaten said:

I believe it is no problem planting pheasants on a wma provided that you have a receipt from a game farm and you abide by the 2 bird limit.  You also can't prevent others from hunting the birds yoy plant.  However, what are the rules regarding planting chukar?  

Same rules for pheasants and chukar.

Also, you can release as many as you want, but … as soon as you release them, they belong to the state and are covered by all hunting regulations.

Edited by Jim_

17 minutes ago, Jim_ said:

Same rules for pheasants and chukar.

Also, you can release as many as you want, but … as soon as you release them, they belong to the state and are covered by all hunting regulations.

Thanks.  I did some reading and that's what I thought.  So 2 pheasants and 7 chukars would be the total limit.

Just need a receipt from a state recognized game bird dealer and follow the state bag limit chukar are partridge which is 7 bag limit