IGNORED

Spypoint Link Micro Verizon vs Nationwide?

BowhunterNJ

So looking at the Spypoint Link Micro, I see they offer three options

1. USA Nationwide
  2. LINK-MICRO-V (Verizon)
  3. Canada

https://www.spypoint.com/en/products/cellular-trail-camera/product-link-micro.html

Someone recently asked:

Will the Nationwide work on the Verizon network also. My provider is Verizon, so do I need to purchase the Micro V or will either one work for me.

Spypoint customer care answered:

Hello, there are 2 versions of our cellular camera model. One working ONLY on the Verizon cellular network, the other one will hook up on the BEST SIGNAL around such as in USA: (AT&T, Sprint, us cellular…) In both cases, Spypoint is the sole plan provider, there is no need to contact any of them.

So do you interpret that as Nationwide works with everything or only Non-Verizon?  Why would they even have a Verizon only cam for the same price?  What are you guys using?

4 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

So do you interpret that as Nationwide works with everything or only Non-Verizon?  Why would they even have a Verizon only cam for the same price?  What are you guys using?

It sounds like everything including Verizon. No idea about the Verizon only, sounds kind of weird. Thank god I have 7 months to figure this out

AWM

1 minute ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Why do they make you select a version when you order if you can change the version anytime via the app?

You can not change it. What he is saying is the provider for your cell phone is irrelevant. Get a cam that works with the stronger signal, whatever it is att, sprint, Verizon., and the cam will send pictures to any cell number, it does not care who is the provider for your phone 

Just now, BowhunterNJ said:

Right I'm not worried about my phone.  I'm just asking if Nationwide connects to the best signal of ANY provider automatically why is there a Verizon specific model?

Good question because if nationwide works on all of them why would you need Verizon cam? I’m guessing Verizon wanted to Be on its own or there system is do different it had to be on its own 

12 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

This is kind of goofy, I assume this guy is asking about buying off the shelf. Am I reading this answer right that you won’t know which one you purchased until you open it up

70034135-934A-4668-B5E6-B5AD6C411FA2.thumb.png.667081a300a137ba59abfe045ae00db5.png

The version version is called the micro v