Leg O Mutton

15 mins and I went home!

4 hours ago, RPK0620 said:

I also really like your picture.  And too bad you didn't get to spend more time afield, life can be cruel :happywave:.  

I love the old SxS's for birds.   6 of mine that I use regularly range in age from 100 yrs old to 112 yrs old.

Were you in Colliers Mills ?

Wow! 100 year old sxs's👍 Alot of history with those I bet. I was at Stafford Forge. 

16 hours ago, Sig220 said:

Doesn't get much more efficient than that! Is that a Browning BSS?

No, it's a CZ Bobwhite G2, I also have a CZ Hammer Classic. I would love to own an older sxs but I have shallow pockets. 

1 hour ago, Leg O Mutton said:

Wow! 100 year old sxs's👍 Alot of history with those I bet. I was at Stafford Forge. 

Wish I could sit and talk with them and they could tell me who carried them, where they hunted and what they hunted. I do have research papers on a few of them telling me who bought them and from what store or shop.  Neat stuff if you're into it.

• Like 1

Here is my CZ Bobwhite G2 along with my GSP and the first birds I bagged with it last year. A great gun for the price.

I also like old American classic Side x Sides. Here is  my small collection. A. H. Fox, L. C. Smith, Parker and Ithaca Lefever Nitro Special. The Smith,Parker and Fox are 12 gauges. The Nitro Special is a 16 gauge. The oldest is the Smith 1913. The others are from the 1920s.

IMG_1147.JPG

Vintage doubles.jpg

• Like 2

Went out today in the rain with the dog.. managed 2 hens and another woodcock... 3 flushes all together for an hour of hunting.. Birds everywhere this year at the Flatbrook Roy bridge.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 7:13 PM, OldPiney Woods said:

Here is my CZ Bobwhite G2 along with my GSP and the first birds I bagged with it last year. A great gun for the price.

I also like old American classic Side x Sides. Here is  my small collection. A. H. Fox, L. C. Smith, Parker and Ithaca Lefever Nitro Special. The Smith,Parker and Fox are 12 gauges. The Nitro Special is a 16 gauge. The oldest is the Smith 1913. The others are from the 1920s.

IMG_1147.JPG

Vintage doubles.jpg

What a great collection!