BHC

Muzzleloader Season Soon...What's Your Set Up?

9 minutes ago, Bad64chevelle said:

Cva optima v2 with 2 white hots and a power belt aero lite . Going to try a load with Barnes tomorrow 

Which Barnes?  Keep us updated

4 minutes ago, BHC said:

Which Barnes?  Keep us updated

I have to look . I had a friend give them to me and I never even opened the bag . I’m assuming they’re Barnes , that’s what he told me . I will keep you updated . 

if they don’t group like the powerbelts, I won’t be using them . They were spot on through my gun.

Edited by Bad64chevelle

Tc Omega thumb holed..hornady 240gr. 2 white hots...topped off with a Leopold 3×9..lethal up to 200 yds

CVA Accura V2 switching over to BH Powder and trying Hornady 250 and Barnes solid copper see which does better. Son is shooting the CVA Optimum V2 long range which was purchase from a member on this site. 
Heard great reviews on the BH powder so I need to check it out. 
Past 2 yrs 100 grains 777 and Powerbelts Aerolites great groups and clean kills. 

Edited by OMC
  • Like 1

CVA Apex with 24o grain Barnes copper hollow points. Shooting 100 grains BH. Leupold s scope. My favorite season as well.

T/c Omega.
120 grn 777
250 sst ml
Vx lll 2x7

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Rifles :

DSCN1075.JPG

DSCN1076.JPG

DSCN1079.JPG

Rifles are pretty straight forward:

1) Thompson Center Omega .50 cal. with a Nikon Omega 3X9 scope.

2) Savage Model 10 MLII .50 cal with a Leupold vx-3i 3.5X10 scope.

3) CVA Kentucky rifle .45 cal.. I built this gun from a kit when I was 19.

Powder and bullet choices are much more complex.

Perhaps a little history first. 

I've had the Omega for quite a few years and killed a bunch of deer with it. From day 1 I've shot either 2 or 3 50 grain Triple 7 pellets and 245 grain Powerbelt Aerotips. I've never had a misfire, I've never missed a shot, I've never had to track a deer that I've shot with this combo. When I posted to this effect last year I was immediately scorned and ostracized by several members of this forum. I had a hard time understanding why grown men would get so upset over choices made by another man. So I asked why. I was told "You can't shoot those Powerbelts, they fragment upon entry and the deer run off and they don't leave a blood trail and they suffer and die and you never find them and I've seen it happen thousands of times and no one should ever ever ever shoot them."

When I showed evidence of of expanded Powerbelts that I recovered from deer I was told "You can't shoot those Powerbelts, they don't expand at all and they just blow right through them and the deer run off and they don't leave a blood trail and they suffer and die and you never find them and I've seen it happen thousands of times and no one should ever ever ever shoot them."

Now my curiosity was piqued! They fragment AND don't expand at the same time? How is this possible? There had to be more to a seemingly inanimate object to make otherwise rational seeming men turn into raving, slobbering hate mongers. I decided that no matter what, I would find the answers.

The first place I tried was other internet forums. There I found the same nonsensical replies as I did here. They fragment and don't expand. But I got a little more feedback. I started hearing how they were too expensive and that I couldn't afford them. While I was, of course, appreciative of the concern over my financial well being from total strangers on some random internet forums their reasoning rang hollow. There had to be more.

Finally in desperation I went to the only place where all question can be answered....Google!

No, no, just kidding. I went to Church and prayed for guidance and understanding of this Powerbelt dilema. And it was there that my questions were ultimately answered.

While thumbing through an ancient Geneva Bible I came came across a reference to Biblical Ciphers. I looked deeper and started researching the Atbash Cipher in ancient Hebrew. When I ran the name Michael McMichael, the inventor and owner of Powerbelt bullets through the Atbash Cipher it came back as "beelzebub"! Could this be?!! Could this round cheeked, jolly, bearded fellow actually be the Lord of darkness. One call to the office of the Holy See in Rome confirmed my suspicions. Although they say Powerbelts are made in USA they're actually cast, packaged and shipped from the pits of Hell by Satan himself!

So , thanks to my friends at NJW&W I stopped using the Devils bullet and this year will be shooting 300 gr Hornady STT pushed by 100 gr by volume of Blackhorn 209. And my immortal soul will not perish in the fires of Hell........at least not for shooting the wrong bullet!

Edited by Woodsman416
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Knight disc elite 50 cal

777 primer, 120 gr 777 loose powder, 300 gr Barnes expander copper bullet with red hot sabot

• Like 1

Thompson Center grey hawk 50 cal. I'm using 90 grains pyrodex cause I've bought enough over the years to overthrow a 3rd world nation.. And my cheekbone thanks me. From my blinds if its past 50 yards I can't see it so they are safe.

• CVA Accura Mountain Rifle w/Bergara barrel
  • Leupold Glass
  • Hornady SST 250 grain bullets
  • 90 grains/BlackHorn 209 propellant 
  • CCI Primers

Tack driver. 

image.thumb.png.dd7baa1a8fdc7f8ed42146afd01e7ff0.png

image.png.c89a97454ecc9a51f8d0137db7b63da3.pngimage.png.1c2a4c2daa7fd3c6c08ab3b43b963cfe.pngimage.png.e2c1dfc56c7c87f9f233d1084397a15b.png

• Like 2

This year my go to is gonna be a CVA Accura V2 using Black Horn. I had posted in another thread about my switch over.... well I finally got it sighted in and am really happy using the BH.. clean up took 15-20 mins... I barely needed any solvent to clean it up, hardest part was the breech plug. I highly recommend the little pick and drill bit, really made cleaning the flash channel easier 

20191027_095430.jpg

Edited by Rem Mag
Pic added
  • Agree 1

Woodsman416, I used those "terrible" Powerbelt bullets for many years and never had any kind of issues. I only switched because a friend recommended Scorpion PT Gold Sabots so I switched. I think that Powerbelts are unnecessarily expensive. Not a big deal if you only shoot a couple of rounds a year though. 

• Like 1

TC Triumph black with stainless

Nikon 3x9x40

100 gr pyrodex pellets -I can't seem to get my S&*# together with BH209...I'm trying...

Barnes 290 gr TEZ- nothing is more devastating to an animal than this bullet........

• Like 1
  • Agree 4