IGNORED

Rage Hypodermics....Very Little Blood

BHC

It looks like you went through the opposite shoulder and high. hence no instant bleeding. I am only commenting from what I could see from the one pic you posted.
Shit happens but normally its a blood bath with rage from the point of impact. Oddly enough I almost never need it since deer die in sight.

Show the entrance and exit. 

If one is in the shoulder they usually don't bleed much. Too much bone and muscle. 

If the entrance was high the body cavity has to fill up before it starts to spill out. 

Also, It may take 5-10 seconds before the blood starts coming out of their mouth. They can cover a lot of ground in that short period of time. 

Regardless of the name of the head it's all about shot placement. 

8 minutes ago, Swamprat said:

Show the entrance and exit. 

If one is in the shoulder they usually don't bleed much. Too much bone and muscle. 

If the entrance was high the body cavity has to fill up before it starts to spill out. 

Also, It may take 5-10 seconds before the blood starts coming out of their mouth. They can cover a lot of ground in that short period of time. 

Regardless of the name of the head it's all about shot placement. 

it does look like a high shoulder exit

20191115_091206.thumb.jpg.a51e9fd07e4cb432237f23fab5443cfe.jpg

First pic is the point of impact form the 8 ptr I killed last week. 2nd pic is the blood trial, which only went about 25 yards to where he piled up. Old school original Rage 2 blade. I have shot Thunderheads, and Montec G5 fixed heads for years, and was always happy with the blood. This year I found some Rage on sale for $15 for 3, so I figured I'd give them a shot. I killed 3 deer with them this year, and I'm sold. Blood trails are better than when I was using fixed. I think a lot has to do with shot placement, but IMO from my own personal experience this year using Rage, the blood trails have been great.

20191107_145646.jpg

20191107_145734.jpg

Rage hypodermics are absolutely devastating..... Entry, exit, and shot placement are all key factors in determining how much blood you will have. On my recent Ohio trip my friend shot a big 11 point double long perfect shot... Ran up a hill over 500 yards into a bottom.... Entry and exit holes were massive however it was a large animal, very little blood the first 100 yards. It would not have made a difference if a fixed-blade broadhead was used. You couldn't possibly have a bigger entry or exit hole. Whitetails are extremely unique and resilient animals, it's incredible what these animals are actually capable of after having a large arrow through their core. Enough of my rambling on, just my 3 cents on what I have witnessed. Expendables have come a long way and I won't be going back to fix blades anytime soon. Good luck to everyone.... Oh by the way I missed a giant 10 point  in Ohio and didn't hit it with a Rage so it really doesn't matter 🤣🤣🤣🤣

26 minutes ago, WVAhunter08 said:

I think the lack of blood trail has something to do with using expandables. I’ve had this same problem with lack of blood even with pass throughs. I’m thinking about switching to fixed next season

I used Grim Reapers for many years and they left unbelievable blood trails.  Every shot looked like someone painted the woods red and the deer all dropped within sight.  The bigger the cut, the more blood that will come out of it.  If the exit wound is high though,  the body cavity has to fill with blood before it spills out and that is what can cause poor blood trails

I’ve been using rage hypodermic for 3 season. 6 deer shot- all recovered within 30 yards. Massive blood trails even a blind guy could follow. 

buddy and I shot deer same day. He used fixed muzzy and had a perfect double lung shot- went 60 yards. I shot back and only got one lung but the devastation internally was insane- 30 yards. 

the debate will rage on (pun intended) but I’ll stick with actual “data” seen in the field 

After shooting hundreds of deer with almost 60 different broadheads . Only actual statement that can be made is every  deer shot is different .

even those hit is the same spot .

I shot way more deer than I could count with Muzzy 100 3 blade . NEVER had a blood trail that wasn’t super easy to follow. And always had blood right from where the arrow passed through the deer..

IMO one head that causes way more internal damage than any of the heads I shot was the Toxic.

internal damage was unreal the way it cuts tubes out going through , deer went down quick , but NEVER had even a decent blood trail .

if deer didn’t go down in site might be tough to follow so don’t use those heads often.

as far as the OP question on this shot with his RAGE , as long as there was ALOT of blood in the cavity the head did what it should have .

placement would be the difference of what was seen on the ground.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/