Jump to content
not on the rug

Drew's Bayshore Bistro

Recommended Posts

Heading there this weekend.   Anyone ever been there?  Any recommendations?

Chef is a 3 time James Beard Nominee, so I'm expecting the food to be good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a few years since I've been there but if they still have the voodoo shrimp appetizer its awesome. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, mightyhunter said:

That place is 5 minutes from my house and I’ve never been there!

Let us know how it is 

Thanks for the input everyone.  

I'll be able to give better recommendations after Saturday night, but I'd suggest giving it a whirl.  From the chatter I've been hearing, he's one of the best chef's in the state right now, right alongside of Jason Hanin, Lucas Manteca, Scott Anderson,  Catherine Alexandrou, Aishling Stevens, Bill Van Pelt and Joe Mooney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Make sure you have reservations and  The voodoo shrimp is top notch

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Qman said:

 Make sure you have reservations and  The voodoo shrimp is top notch

Thanks.  Made the reservation a month ago.  Looking forward to trying the shrimp, those broiled oysters, and maybe the pork belly.  Probably do the shrimp and grits or the sea scallops for a main.  I need to see what specials he is running though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can a fat pig like me have never eaten here?   I have to read up further on this place because I love really good food.  I am still lamenting the demise of the original Ryland Inn.  Please post how it went after your meal!

Edited by madeinuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, madeinuk said:

How can a fat pig like me have never eaten here?   I have to read up further on this place because I love really good food.  I am still lamenting the demise of the original Ryland Inn.  Please post how it went after your meal!

I've heard great things about the Ryland Inn lately.  Apparently the new chef, Chris Albrecht, is doing a great job there.  I know a few folks who have eaten there in the past year and raved about it.

Do you live in Hunterdon County?  Take the drive up to Hackettstown and eat at James on Main.  I love what Bill Van Pelt is doing there.  Everything on the menu is amazing, Dinner or Brunch.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to give the final verdict.  We went with another couple.  Ordered the Voodoo Shrimp and the Broiled Oysters for starters.   The shrimp were amazing, but the oysters were even better.  I'd definitely order both again.

Entrees:  2 of us got the shrimp and grits, 1 jambalaya and 1 Nashville Hot Chicken.  Everything was excellent.  The jambalaya and chicken were spicy, but not overwhelming.  Shrimp and grits was amazing.  

Dessert... huge cookie/ice cream sandwich and pecan pie with vanilla gelato to split.  Ice cream sandwich was excellent.  Pecan pie was plain and the gelato with it was nearly tasteless. Definitely the low point to the meal.  

Overall,   great experience and we will definitely be eating there again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Just wanted to give the final verdict.  We went with another couple.  Ordered the Voodoo Shrimp and the Broiled Oysters for starters.   The shrimp were amazing, but the oysters were even better.  I'd definitely order both again.

Entrees:  2 of us got the shrimp and grits, 1 jambalaya and 1 Nashville Hot Chicken.  Everything was excellent.  The jambalaya and chicken were spicy, but not overwhelming.  Shrimp and grits was amazing.  

Dessert... huge cookie/ice cream sandwich and pecan pie with vanilla gelato to split.  Ice cream sandwich was excellent.  Pecan pie was plain and the gelato with it was nearly tasteless. Definitely the low point to the meal.  

Overall,   great experience and we will definitely be eating there again

Where is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...