HuntEmDown505

Sight in a muzzleloader?

So NJ, in their infinite wisdom, decided to close the Clinton WMA range during hunting season. Anyone know where to go in central NJ to sight in a muzzleloader and slug gun?

Hey huntem, the NJ fgw website has flatbrook open. I've never been there. I was at Clinton 2 weeks ago and it's barricaded closed. Good luck

2 hours ago, TouchofGrey said:

Hey huntem, the NJ fgw website has flatbrook open. I've never been there. I was at Clinton 2 weeks ago and it's barricaded closed. Good luck

Just a heads up. Flatbrook range is NOT open. Under construction and it is barricaded closed...

• Like 3

Take a look at this shooting club’s range just a few minutes further West:

http://www.efga.net/

They have 100 yards, shotgun patterning, covered pistol and covered 22 ranges.

They are planning a 200 yard range and have the land bought too.

21 minutes ago, nickyan04 said:

there is one in PA i think its called the SGL rifle range 

Have to have a PA license to use their ranges.  Used to be able to bring a guest, but I'm pretty sure they changed that too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Have to have a PA license to use their ranges.  Used to be able to bring a guest, but I'm pretty sure they changed that too.

I have never been checked in 35 years of using sgl ranges.  Never even saw a warden.  Safe to say you would be fine. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mountain Goat said:

I have never been checked in 35 years of using sgl ranges.  Never even saw a warden.  Safe to say you would be fine. 

The last time we went to Schnecksville PA SGL last spring, we were checked by Plainclothes Game wardens as we parked. We were in compliance and they were really nice guys. There had been complaints of handguns being used. It is nice range for Public Property.

27 minutes ago, Mountain Goat said:

I go to 2 of them, and seen wardens just about every time.  One warden lives close to a range and comes when he hears shots.

Because of flatbrook being closed I went to Davis sport shop in Goshen NY, $28 and I was able to shoot my two slug guns and two muzzleloaders inside. 100 yd indoor range..if you need more slugs or pellets or anything out just walk into their store and buy what you need. It was nice, I went on a rainy day.