230jhp

Gator Ate My Son's Dog

My son lives in Tampa Florida.  Last Saturday was opening day of quail season. He went on Friday to scout out a WMA that is stocked with quail. He brought Bubba his GSP.   Bubba normally works pretty close and comes when called. He just vanished in some tall grass.  My son spent several days looking for him with no luck. They do have a kennel for people to return lost dogs, but so far no luck with that.  It is almost definite a gator got him.

Sorry to hear about that. Happens a lot down here sadly. Hunted a WMA Monday and some guys running deer/pigs had their blue tick get smacked by a 10 footer. Shot the s**t out of the gator but couldn't save the dog. 

• Disturbing 1

That sucks. I had a fishing guide on Santee Cooper in SC tell me about how duck hunters there are always losing their dogs to gators in the lakes. I'm assuming he was telling me the truth.

Sorry to hear this, kind of like when guys up north lose dogs to coyotes... so tragic that of all the hazards that can sometimes come with being outdoors and having your best friend (hunting dog) out with you, a damn gator is also one of them you have to worry about too..

That is a very sad read - I think I would give up quail hunting and become a gator hunter if something like that ever happened to me.  A dog is family!

• Agree 1