IGNORED

British Labs

ElevatedHunter

Maybe we're talking about two different things? It's the British labs that are more "blocky," in all ways. Field bred American labs are leaner, but their height can vary.
This was my Jane. Her build was representative of all of my labs. ...

jane3-1-1.jpg.76ebb770fd09d4f07e4a97b6a22989e8.jpg

She’s gorgeous! Ya I mainly looking for the slightly lighter variety of labs. I guess not so much the shape of the head or chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Jim_ said:

Maybe we're talking about two different things? It's the British labs that are more "blocky," in all ways. Field bred American labs are leaner, but their height can vary.

This was my Jane. Her build was representative of all of my labs. ...

jane3-1-1.jpg

Your dog looks exactly like my Riley. Great dog loves the water and not bad in the field. Never really did any field work with her but when I bring her she does just fine. 

I the EH is mistaken the British lab is the block head with the the big barrel chest, besides they are known to be the less intelligent and lazier of the 2 types. I bought an American Field Lab from Gator Pointe Kennels from Mississippi last January and she is a sweet dog

0A4E7841-3CBE-4214-AAB2-A4B3285F068B.jpeg

F6019342-F0A1-4193-81E8-3CDB38D1B360.jpeg

Edited by Rutting Buck

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

Let me just clarify a little bit here. I prefer the smaller stockier variety of lab. I do however like the slimness of an American Lab. I like the look of being more maneuverable. I understand all bloodlines are different and so on and so on..  The British Lab that I have hunted over came from Indian Creek Kennels and it was roughly right around the same size as my GSP just a little heavier. I have also hunted over an American lab that was actually pretty close to the same size of my GSP as well with that one just being slightly heavier. I know its all in the breeding. So basically this post was for me to get some help locating good hunting stock lab breeders. Not of the large variety.

Indian Creek Kennels is first on my list. The pictures on their website of their dogs are just stunning, but if there is any others that anyone recommends for great labs please let me know!

What I do not like are the labs the bred just to be bigger for example :

lab 1.jpg

lab 2.jpg

1 minute ago, Mixbaghunter said:

I think you are looking  for a American  lab that is on smaller size . That is why I said do a lot of looking first. As far as intelligence  i would so the British are far better.  But this could go on and on . All labs are great dog when you came down to it good luck and keep us posted  

Thank you. You are right for sure All labs are great! It really is just about personal preference for sure! Just going to keep researching and locating exactly what I am looking for!

41 minutes ago, Rutting Buck said:

I the EH is mistaken the British lab is the block head with the the big barrel chest, besides they are known to be the less intelligent and lazier of the 2 types. I bought an American Field Lab from Gator Pointe Kennels from Mississippi last January and she is a sweet dog

0A4E7841-3CBE-4214-AAB2-A4B3285F068B.jpeg

F6019342-F0A1-4193-81E8-3CDB38D1B360.jpeg

She is gorgeous! Definitely the style that I am looking for! How did you go about finding that kennel all the way down there?

2 hours ago, Ryanm said:

My black American lab. My dads British lab years ago when me and my brother were just kids. No matter what lab you get spend the time training and the dog will turn out good.

42BEF765-79CB-40BA-B9D9-F042925D74D4.jpeg

883795F2-709A-4CB2-B6D0-62EB43C384A7.jpeg

Is your father Name Tony ?

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/