IGNORED

Hurricane safety systems

DBuck

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

Steps look good but so much more to carry and so much more to set up.

Really no more to carry in if you use hang ons and climbing sticks. I don't like using Screw ins anymore. I have a bunch that I don't use, or even know where they are.

13 minutes ago, DBuck said:

Really no more to carry in if you use hang ons and climbing sticks. I don't like using Screw ins anymore. I have a bunch that I don't use, or even know where they are.

You can not compare this product to climbing sticks. HSS steps are not meant to be carry in and out on every hunt. BTW I bet my climbing sticks are 1/4 the weight of HSS steps.

Tree bracing on these HSS steps are not easy to set up. With regular, vertical steps you can assemble them on the ground and have them up in a tree in 5 minutes.  Aging they look good but they are heavier, more visible, and not easy to set up, with very little benefit IMO.

18 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

You can not compare this product to climbing sticks. HSS steps are not meant to be carry in and out on every hunt. BTW I bet my climbing sticks are 1/4 the weight of HSS steps.

Tree bracing on these HSS steps are not easy to set up. With regular, vertical steps you can assemble them on the ground and have them up in a tree in 5 minutes.  Aging they look good but they are heavier, more visible, and not easy to set up, with very little benefit IMO.

Ok bro, I'm not going to get into a debate about a product I don't know about. I just wanted to know if anyone used them. I don't carry my sticks or ladder steps in and out of the woods, I set them up, leave them and hope no one steals them.

38 minutes ago, beaverman said:

Their website sucks.  No product information other than youtube videos by their sponsored tv hunters.  Wonder what that 20' ladder weighs.  With shorter step height the longer stand off's and 1.25" steel that ladder is probably 45-50#'s no thanks.

The information is there if you click on the products and scroll down 

The 20 footers info

Weight40 lbs

Dimensions 20 × 16 × 2 in

Weight Rating

350 lbs

The 16 footers info (to be discontinued shortly)

Weight 30 lbs

Dimensions 16 × 12 × 2 in

Weight Rating

350 lbs

I don’t see them as a portable setup but as permanent setup. I’d say the same about any sticks that are put together or screw in steps. They’re all designed for permanent sets as they’re either too heavy or too much work to do for one sit. Who would even think about bringing these in and out each time? 

Gives you basically the ease and safety of a ladder stand with less weight, more height and safer to setup than a ladder stand. Wish I thought of it, so simple but genius!