IGNORED

NY Opener

Bucndoe

My catskill buck, zone 4O, hunting my family property. I sat all morning and it was about 12 degrees and dont think it broke 20. Saw a coyote in morning (no shot), two doe sneaking through and then had four doe work their way across a field and down into the creek bottom pinch point I was watching. They were literally 5 or 6 yards away and I was hunting from the ground tucked up against a cluster of trees and was happy they didn't pick me out and spook..Around 1 pm this guy came sneaking up from the marshy area and was on me quick. Got it done with two good hits, didn't want him making it to neighboring properties. I am really happy with him. Have shot lots of spike, three and four points in the past but since the antler restrictions have been in place he was the first (legal buck) I've had in front of me while rifle hunting here in NY. Now if I am lucky I can pull a trifecta and score in PA and NJ...it's been done once... good luck all and stay safe..

20191116_144813.jpg

20191116_152310.jpg

I was in 4F Burlington Flats/Garrettsville area outside Cooperstown at my buddy's farm and our Camp Snarker.  Took an 8 point this year, but nothing big.  Rifle camp is about time with my two closest buddies and their sons and their sons' two friends.  

BC Rifle Stand.jpg

Blood in Snow.jpg

Buck Down.jpg

Buck on quad.jpg