Jump to content
hammer4reel

Muck Arctic Ice

Recommended Posts

The Dryshod extreme black boots are the warmest i ever wore. 

They are built better than Muck.

They are the engineers from Muck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

@hammer4reel, which Muck Arctic is the one you have tried?

Muck Boot Men's Arctic Pro Snow Boot:  https://amzn.to/2L18Wnd

or

Muck Boots Woody Arctic Ice Extreme Conditions: https://amzn.to/34z7bW7

or

Muck Boots Arctic Ice Extreme Conditions: https://amzn.to/2DxmX7K

I have worn both the Arctic Pro and Arctic Ice.

both have been great .

the ARTIC Ice are a little warmer than the Pro series.

 

.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m wearing mine for the first time this morning. I like that they’re lighter than my 1200 lacrosse boots but it basically ends there for me. One hour into my sit I had to put toe warmers in. The bottom of my feet are about as cold as they ever been. I walked in with thin socks and changed to good merino when in stand, my feet are dry and cold. They’re also uncomfortable, extremely stiff and only way they’re somewhat comfortable is if they’re in relaxed position with no bending. 

With that said, I’m plagued with cold feet but for less comfort and feet still cold on a relatively warm day(high side of the supposed comfort zone for) I’ll stick with my Irish Setter 1000, 2000 and lacrosse rubber 1200”s. I’ll be returning them tomorrow. 

Unless someone wants to buy them from me. I paid 139.99 on Amazon they’re 145$ now. I’ll sell them for 130$ size 11 in camo, worn once for few hours. 

Edited by Hitemnasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Lacrosse 1000g thinsulate boots. Do you think the Muck would be much better?

One thing no one is addressing is the type of sock you use and allowing room for good circulation. That may account for some differences of opinion. 

Edited by archer36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Hitemnasty said:

I’m wearing mine for the first time this morning. I like that they’re lighter than my 1200 lacrosse boots but it basically ends there for me. One hour into my sit I had to put toe warmers in. The bottom of my feet are about as cold as they ever been. I walked in with thin socks and changed to good merino when in stand, my feet are dry and cold. They’re also uncomfortable, extremely stiff and only way they’re somewhat comfortable is if they’re in relaxed position with no bending. 

With that said, I’m plagued with cold feet but for less comfort and feet still cold on a relatively warm day(high side of the supposed comfort zone for) I’ll stick with my Irish Setter 1000, 2000 and lacrosse rubber 1200”s. I’ll be returning them tomorrow. 

Unless someone wants to buy them from me. I paid 139.99 on Amazon they’re 145$ now. I’ll sell them for 130$ size 11 in camo, worn once for few hours. 

Dam , sorry to hear they didn’t work as well for you .

im in tree since 6 feet are warm , and I’m only wearing a light pair of athletic socks .

26 degrees  here  right now .

my boots are really comfortable , just wish they were a little larger at my calves .

I saw they make an another version of these that have an adjustable top , thought about trying them but they are higher topped and might be even tighter on my calves .

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it is cold out I wear my IWOM and I don't have to worry about anything getting cold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Dam , sorry to hear they didn’t work as well for you .

im in tree since 6 feet are warm , and I’m only wearing a light pair of athletic socks .

26 degrees  here  right now .

my boots are really comfortable , just wish they were a little larger at my calves .

I saw they make an another version of these that have an adjustable top , thought about trying them but they are higher topped and might be even tighter on my calves .

 

Yea no big deal they have free return shipping so no loss! Figured with so many people raving about how great and warm they are that maybe these would stop my cold feet problem but it’s just me and I’ll have to deal with it. I do definitely find them stiffer and clunkier than any other boot I own though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a pair of Muck Woody Armors from years ago that I wear with Smartwool heavyweight socks.  Sat all day on that 5 degree windchill day and was good. Toes get a little chilly but I wiggle them around to get the blood flowing.  Also important to keep your body warm otherwise it will pull blood away from the extremities. 

  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I have a pair of Muck Woody Armors from years ago that I wear with Smartwool heavyweight socks.  Sat all day on that 5 degree windchill day and was good. Toes get a little chilly but I wiggle them around to get the blood flowing.  Also important to keep your body warm otherwise it will pull blood away from the extremities. 

Keeping your core super warm def helps keep everything else warmer .

your body starts to pull back circulation from extremities to keep the core around your heart warmest .

I always were a wind sheer fleece vest under my jacket .

putting a hand warmer in a pocket over your heart will keep everything else warmer longer .

 

another good trick when getting cold is to put a hand warmer on the back of your neck at your shirt collar .

it raises circulation because your body thinks it’s too hot .

.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must haves in cold weather for me clothing wise are a turtleneck to keep that breeze off the back of your neck (the worst!).  Also have a neck warmer/gaiter I wear when it's windy to seal off the top of my neck and again keep any kind of wind or cold from blowing down/around there.  That'll take the warmth right out of you!  I always wear a liner glove and have a pair of wool flip back mittens that I'll wear over the liners for when it gets really cold.  Good tip with the heat packs.  I don't ever use them hunting because it's one more thing to bring along, but I've used them fishing and they do make a big difference.  Another thing boot wise is to use a footrest.  Keep your feet off that cold metal platform and it won't radiate through the boots to your feet.  Some guys put a foam mat or carpet down on their platforms to help, but I always felt that was a little unsafe to leave as flip off option (to prevent snow/ice build up) or to permanently put on as it would hold snow/ice and you'd be crunching away on it while on stand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a pair of these boots and they are comfortable to walk in - so far I have walked over 2 miles at a time in them and have been supremely comfortable and warm without being too hot.  Winter’s jaws are now beginning to clamp down so I am glad to have them.

They are snug on the calves but I have to say the the sound of the flapping of boots which are loose around the calves are probably worse because of they are noisier.

Edited by madeinuk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...