Jump to content
hammer4reel

Muck Arctic Ice

Recommended Posts

Started off the day yesterday in my normal boots .

Feet were cold sitting at 16 degrees.

Usually wear Arctic Pros when it's this cold. 

No one had them local.

Saw they are making a new boot called Arctic Ice.

Bought a pair . Wore them last night and so far this morning .

Just light socks on and they are toasty warm...

 

.

 

 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually just bought a pair! Never owned a Muck boot before, been a lacrosse rubber boot and a Irish Setter insulated boot guy. I like that the rubber on the arctic ice comes up much higher than the pro, should help them hold up better in the thick stuff as I’ve seen some Muck boots pretty ripped up. Not to mention they’re actually cheaper than the pro and I was able to get them in camo cheaper than the brown arctic pros or black arctic ice. I suffer from cold feet no matter what I wear seemingly so looking forward to see how these do. Thanks for the review! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

My next boots will be Dryshod’s 

I don't think they will be as warm .

Their comfort zone pushes to 60 degrees on their  one cold weather boot ,and 70 on another .

Even wearing very light socks these boots would be too warm at 45 . They are actually a little too warm at 35 today .

Def a cold weather boot , not an all around. 

Any warmer than 40 I will stay with woody max

Edited by hammer4reel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Like I said . No way you could wear these Arctic Ice to 65 degrees . Your feet would melt.

These show comfort range only to 30.

After wearing them a few days I think it's pretty accurate.

Those dryshod probably be a good all around season boot for warner temps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 7:26 AM, hammer4reel said:

I don't think they will be as warm .

Their comfort zone pushes to 60 degrees on their  one cold weather boot ,and 70 on another .

Even wearing very light socks these boots would be too warm at 45 . They are actually a little too warm at 35 today .

Def a cold weather boot , not an all around. 

Any warmer than 40 I will stay with woody max

I’m looking at both. I think Dryshod boot is more insulated 11mm vs 8 mm.

Edit - I think I misread the spec on Muck boot. It is 8mm neoprene and then more insulation although they don't give you total thickness.

Is this the boot you bought?

https://www.amazon.com/Muck-Arctic-Extreme-Conditions-Outsole/dp/B071KXNR8R/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=muck+ARCTIC+iCE&qid=1573480608&sr=8-4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

What farm is the dealer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

What farm is the dealer?

Brodhecker's - Hampton Twp, right next to Kittatinny Regional High school. (North of the pork roll line).  They sell corn, deer blocks, and a variety of farming and home supplies.  Even got "one bite" mouse bars there to put in attic and garage.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not deer hunting sub-zero, so a -50 boot will do me just fine.    I also have Kamik Ice Breakers for ice fishing and extreme cold.    I do have the Kamik Deer Hunters as well - but they are not good below 30 degrees.    Much lighter than the Icebreakers though.  Good boot for 30's and 40's and very reasonably priced. 

The Dryshod  or the Muck would be ideal for 20s, teens, single digits.   Like I said, I doubt I am ever deer hunting in NJ in sub-zero. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I am not deer hunting sub-zero, so a -50 boot will do me just fine.    I also have Kamik Ice Breakers for ice fishing and extreme cold.    I do have the Kamik Deer Hunters as well - but they are not good below 30 degrees.    Much lighter than the Icebreakers though.  Good boot for 30's and 40's and very reasonably priced. 

The Dryshod  or the Muck would be ideal for 20s, teens, single digits.   Like I said, I doubt I am ever deer hunting in NJ in sub-zero. 

I have worn Kamiks for years when temps drop and never had cold feet. Most of the year I wear Lacrosse Burleys and no cold feet but my Burleys are around 10 years old and will need replacing soon. When it gets into the 20s I am in a heated box blind, let the kids freeze in a tree LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I am not deer hunting sub-zero, so a -50 boot will do me just fine.    I also have Kamik Ice Breakers for ice fishing and extreme cold.    I do have the Kamik Deer Hunters as well - but they are not good below 30 degrees.    Much lighter than the Icebreakers though.  Good boot for 30's and 40's and very reasonably priced. 

The Dryshod  or the Muck would be ideal for 20s, teens, single digits.   Like I said, I doubt I am ever deer hunting in NJ in sub-zero. 

Sub zero in any of those boots isn't happening. 

Comfort level on the top side is more important. No way a boot you can wear to 70 degrees without sweating can be a cold weather boot. 

I bought a pair of the Kamick  last year you said to try.

No where near as warm as the arctic pro or arctic ice . And they have zero support.

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Sub zero in any of those boots isn't happening. 

Comfort level on the top side is more important. No way a boot you can wear to 70 degrees without sweating can be a cold weather boot. 

I bought a pair of the Kamick  last year you said to try.

No where near as warm as the arctic pro or arctic ice . And they have zero support.

.

yeah i said don't buy those if you need to walk far - good boot for the money but less than half the cost of the Muck's

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...