IGNORED

Using smoke for scent control

I use a bee smoker and a cooler. I put my hunting clothes in the cooler and leave the lid slightly cracked. I fill the bee smoker with dry leaves and little sticks then light it up. I use the little drain hole on the bottom of the cooler to fill it up with smoke. Once I have the cooler saturated with smoke I close the lid and drain plug. Let it sit for how ever long you want to. Yes it does work. Just don't tell anyone else about one of my little secrets!👍

48 minutes ago, gobblergetter said:

This is new Jersey, most guys hunt in and around suburbia...

Does hang out and give birth near houses because it offers protection from predators. The smell of dryer vents, means safety.

Most backyard hunters can just Tuck a dryer sheet under each armpit and go hunt.

As much as I love getting deep in the woods away from people and houses, the one private piece I've been hunting this year has the owner's house about 150 yards away from the stand. I have the same family of doe and this year's fawns come in every morning at about 7:30 as if a breakfast bell goes off - and they come in from the direction of the house! Some days I've had the wind at my back and it goes straight in their face and they've yet to blow. I think human scent to these deer is "just normal."

So, I think it depends where you hunt. If you are deep in the pines, then I can see scent control being needed. If you are anywhere near houses, it might not even matter.