Psehunter

First burn of the year

I was trying to hold off as long as possible but with it only hitting 36 today and going to be 18 tonight I gave in and got the first fire going in the wood stove.  Venison slappy joe sliders for dinner and a Samuel Adams Octoberfest to start the weekend after a long day of chasing tree rats with my son. He got to see his first buck with his nose glued to the ground walk past us at 50 yds too..good times! Anyone else fire up the stove yet??

KIMG0161.JPG

KIMG0166.JPG

KIMG0168.JPG

KIMG0167.JPG

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2

Looks like a blast PSE... Treasure it because in a flash your partner will be buying the Sam and showing you how it's done. Congratulations!

• Like 1

Can’t believe it’s the first burn. Maybe it’s a little colder on the top on the Hill by me lmao. I’ve been cranking this sumbitch up for awhile now. I need a new setup but for now anything that keep the furnace from sucking down oil will have to do. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

Can’t believe it’s the first burn. Maybe it’s a little colder on the top on the Hill by me lmao. I’ve been cranking this sumbitch up for awhile now. I need a new setup but for now anything that keep the furnace from sucking down oil will have to do. 

Hahaha my wife's been bugging me for a few weeks now to get it going but I refuse to till we get below 40 during the day

Great pics with Jr, fun times! :up:

We lit ours yesterday for the 1st fire of the season as well...Was awesome with the temps/rain coming down.  Has been going ever since. Can't beat the feel of a good wood stove and the heat it throws.....

thumbnail_Resized_IMG_20191107_131444_583.jpg

• Like 3

i cant wait! my stove gets installed nov 18. i havent had a wood burning stove in 5 years. im ready!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Psehunter said:

Hahaha my wife's been bugging me for a few weeks now to get it going but I refuse to till we get below 40 during the day

Refuse why? Wood is free. A happy wife is....never mind that’s not possible.

• Haha 3

I refuse to turn the heat on. So once the wife gets a little cold it’s wood stove time. Usually the beginning of October. A little fire in the evening is usually all that’s needed. Plus who doesn’t love a wood fire???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

I refuse to turn the heat on. So once the wife gets a little cold it’s wood stove time. Usually the beginning of October. A little fire in the evening is usually all that’s needed. Plus who doesn’t love a wood fire???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here! Unfortunately I have an older insert that is more for looks then actual function. But, it keeps the heat off in the main area of the house while we’re home. Therefore no oil burned

Love the squirrel hunt picture. First time hunt with my son was for squirrel. Now he’s a freshman at Penn State. Enjoy it cause it goes by fast. 

386CCF38-9B3E-4B39-B8CE-9E89F617D1E1.jpeg

3CF39637-A9B8-4CFF-8ED7-614F8A20FD44.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tuck said:

Started mine up Thursday.   Dogs are in their glory 

20191107_142828.jpg

theres my stove. one week from this monday. 

• Like 1

I thought so when you posted about yours.  Mine just has the pedestal base and I believe yours has legs.  I love it.  Cast iron pot on top for steam keeps air moist in house too.