riggsjr

Buck Down on 11/7/19

I have not had much luck this year as far as seeing much deer in NJ where I have been hunting. I have hunted in PA a bunch of times but mostly only have seen does.My wife got her knee replaced 2 weeks ago and put a cramp into my hunting schedule so this was my first time out since than.Had an opportunity to hunt a new acre parcel this week.My sons brother in law gave me permission to hunt a small acre parcel so I went there on Tuesday to put a stand up with my buddy MSGDAN.We walked the property and did not see any other stands up.Good sign.Many runs and rubs.MSGDAN picked out the area for where we were going to erect the stand.This is MSGDAN's speciality as he has helped me many times in picking out the placement of putting up a stand.

I got a late start on Thursday as I had an issue with my heat turning on and almost did not go. Fortunately I got it going.Did not get into my treestand till 6:15 when it was starting to get light out. Ok so I get settled in and see I fox around 6:45.I watch him for a bit. I turn to my left and there is another fox. I watch the fox for about 2-3 minutes and turn to look in front of me and this boy shows up.I have no idea where he came from. I nick named him ROCKY because after I shot him as I notice that his brow tine and G2 were broken off from fighting.

He gave me a broad side shot and I heart shot him. He ran 50 yards and dropped.The best part about it he ran to my truck and dropped 20 yards from it. My easiest drag ever.Does not get much better than that!!

I was blessed to harvest this deer .

Just want to thank MSGDAN again for all his help.

IMG_4287.JPG

IMG_4292.JPG

IMG_4294.JPG

• Like 32
  • Winner 3