Michael Britt

Awesome Chase!!!

I'm in Montgomery Twp., Zone 14. Been on my "rutcation" since 10/31. On 11/1, I saw 8 bucks cruising in the morning. This morning was the first chasing I've seen, since yearling bucks started chasing here pre-rut on 10/14...a full week earlier than my first pre-rut chases in Mendham last year on 10/21. Not coincidentally, there was a spike in roadkill around 10/14. 11/2-11/7 were quiet for me here. I'm on the "Drop Tine's" scrape line, something gotta give...

good luck - that's more rut action than I have seen in z5 since 11/1, when I started my rutcation.   Mature bucks been locked down for most part, every aspect of scouting and time on stand seem to substantiate that. (way north of you)

27 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

good luck - that's more rut action than I have seen in z5 since 11/1, when I started my rutcation.   Mature bucks been locked down for most part, every aspect of scouting and time on stand seem to substantiate that. (way north of you)

Stop already Jack :happywave:

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Lphunsjr said:

Stop already Jack :happywave:

Exactly LOL When he nails a brute everything will change to.... Hunting the lockdown is the most rewarding time of year, not for the faint hearted but those that endeavor to percervier share this type of achievement ( insert picture of Jack holding buck with his mouth open, Jacks mouth that is. Don’t know why he does that) LMAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Exactly LOL When he nails a brute everything will change to.... Hunting the lockdown is the most rewarding time of year, not for the faint hearted but those that endeavor to percervier share this type of achievement ( insert picture of Jack holding buck with his mouth open, Jacks mouth that is. Don’t know why he does that) LMAO

Come on the odds of that happening are slim to none.  

40 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Come on the odds of that happening are slim to none.  

It’s not over until you say so... at least that’s what I keep telling myself LOL

I myself have a feeling Monday is going to be a kick ass day. 

• Winner 1

2 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

It’s not over until you say so... at least that’s what I keep telling myself LOL

I myself have a feeling Monday is going to be a kick ass day. 

I hope so!

I saw some young bucks chasing the hell out of a group of flatheads tonight in zone 5.  I heard some footsteps coming towards the chaos as the last bit of light faded out.  I was hoping that it was the big one coming in to see what all the commotion was about

On 11/01 I saw a bunch of bucks cruising. On 11/04 I witnessed four 3 1/2 year old bucks  (one possibly 4 1/2) all brutes chasing does half the day. The following 4 days I didn't see them, I guess they all found dates to the prom.

I just started getting pics of them again and I will be out the next 2 days trying to seal the deal.