JimmyScags

Ozone and clothing damage?

So I’m thinking of making my own ozone wash/storage tote like the scent crusher. I can make it relatively cheap but I’m worried about damaging clothes with elastic waist bands and shoulder straps. Do you guys have any real world experience with this? Is there a way to prevent ruining the elastic while still using ozone?

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

It will attach any rubber type products and will work better at lower temperatures.  

• Like 1

It will destroy any rubber. Your sucks with some elastic in it, expensive first layer, and anything made out of rubber.

• Like 1

DESTROYS rubber....suspenders, waist bands,  boots. Happened to me...got scent crusher bag for sale...

• Like 1

hunters the people who will buy the next crap that comes out just hang it OUTSIDE ON THE DECK FREE FREE FREE we did it for the last 40 years  ask your grandfather and your father

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

I have two scent crusher closets that I've been using for the last three seasons. I have had no issues with boots, elastic, or rubber. I DO NOT run it for more than 5 minutes. The only damage is to cheap plastic hangers that become brittle after being in there for a while. More is definitely not better in terms of ozone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, electric10162 said:

I have two scent crusher closets that I've been using for the last three seasons. I have had no issues with boots, elastic, or rubber. I DO NOT run it for more than 5 minutes. The only damage is to cheap plastic hangers that become brittle after being in there for a while. More is definitely not better in terms of ozone.

What he said

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 10deer said:

hunters the people who will buy the next crap that comes out just hang it OUTSIDE ON THE DECK FREE FREE FREE we did it for the last 40 years  ask your grandfather and your father

So true. I cant believe some of the crap people buy into. I just saw a $50 wind checker on Amazon. Hahaha

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, 10deer said:

everybody knows smoking clothes for deer hunting works the best:

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

everybody knows smoking clothes for deer hunting works the best:

Laugh , but it works .

indians have done it for centuries .

• Like 1

I have used all the methods stated above and all have worked successfully for me.  Ozone works and agree less is more.  Hanging outside definitely works...... I like the smoke method never had an issue with it.

3 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Laugh , but it works .

indians have done it for centuries .

Never used it so can not tell from personal experience but I met four Canadian hunters in SC hunting pigs in our camp. The outfitter bagged then to washed their smoked clothes but they refused. 5 days of hunting and 3 Canadians did not see one single pig. 
this is all I know in this subject