Kype

anyone going to clinton tomorrow 11/9

ill be there with capone. opening day starts at 8. this will be capones first full season. i got him out this past jan to a preserve. he found a couple birds at 6 months old. hoping for the best tomorrow but im sure it will be packed. 

• Like 1

Yea I will give it a try to see if the State will do better by us this year. I very reluctantly bought a stamp, more to get the dog out than myself

Me too on stamp it all about the dog .I will be at black river  try to stay away  from crowds.  Hoping this year is better .if not I will turn him in to a deer tracking  dog to help others out

1 hour ago, Mixbaghunter said:

Me too on stamp it all about the dog .I will be at black river  try to stay away  from crowds.  Hoping this year is better .if not I will turn him in to a deer tracking  dog to help others out

Luckily my Boykin loves to duck hunt also, state can’t F that up... at least I don’t think so

4 hours ago, Kype said:

ill be there with capone. opening day starts at 8. this will be capones first full season. i got him out this past jan to a preserve. he found a couple birds at 6 months old. hoping for the best tomorrow but im sure it will be packed. 

What side you going on? 

Can't make Saturday but plan on Black River Monday.... As Mixedbag Posted, I'll take a wait and see how this year is to the last. Be safe out there.

42 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

What side you going on? 

ill pobably go to the parking lot on 173. if thats to crowed then i guess ill drive down van syckles.

3 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Yea I will give it a try to see if the State will do better by us this year. I very reluctantly bought a stamp, more to get the dog out than myself

The 2 birds i saw yesterday that were leftover from youth hunt were big. Last year all the birds i saw were pathetic small and skinny. So dont know how the numbers will play out for you guys but the birds look  better than last year. 

• Like 1

Guys please post to this thread tomorrow to let us know your opinions on how the state did sticking and the quality of the birds please.  I would give my left arm to be out tomorrow but I’m stuck in Boston with my wife and her friends this weekend.  It’s their Friendsgiving weekend (fuck this I don’t want to be here) and I have to put on a fake smile 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Rutting Buck said:

I would give my left arm to be out tomorrow but I’m stuck in Boston with my wife and her friends this weekend.  It’s their Friendsgiving weekend (fuck this I don’t want to be here) and I have to put on a fake smile 

Decisions, decisions - I am having a hard time choosing if I want to go out pheasant hunting, coastal waterfowl, or stick with the deer hunting tomorrow... :hmmmer:

Oh, Hi, @Rutting Buck. Hope you have fun eating kale-and-spinach quiche, watching "Steel Magnolias", and talking shop with the girls. We'll let you know how the weekend goes down here :D 

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Decisions, decisions - I am having a hard time choosing if I want to go out pheasant hunting, coastal waterfowl, or stick with the deer hunting tomorrow...

Easy one. Bright moon so waterfowl or pheasant in the am then back in the woods for deer pm. That’s what Saturdays are for

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

The 2 birds i saw yesterday that were leftover from youth hunt were big. Last year all the birds i saw were pathetic small and skinny. So dont know how the numbers will play out for you guys but the birds look  better than last year. 

We had the opposite at the youth hunt last Saturday. We were at Winslow and we all agreed the birds were smaller.  They flew great but smaller. The couple that we thought were huge were regular size. 

If we get some tomorrow I'll compare the breast size. Gonna be a cold one.  

I ran the dog at black river  last Sunday at first light found only 1 live bird in thick cover I didn't see it flew one other side on cover. Did see a few dead ones and lots of piles of feathers. 

Are they releasing those dark colored ones again melanistic pheasant? I thought they were smaller last year I got a couple of them and they were all small compared to the ring necks.

ill be at Millville and Peaslee tomorrow with my daughter and friend. Hopefully we’re not holding hands and my dogs get a little work in.

I’ll hit up assupink or glassboro Monday for any leftovers 

Good luck everyone be safe 

• Like 1