IGNORED

11/8/19 Check In

electric10162

My morning consisted of a lone adult doe come in to bait at 7:15, killed her. 
About an hour later saw a legal spike <3” and a young 8 feeding on acorns 50 yards away. The 8 came to the corn, the little spike went in the opposite direction!🤨

The 8 eventually found the dead doe, went right over and started licking and sniffing her for a few minutes, then walked off. No other action, I was in Mercer County, not far from Montgomery where that other fella had lots of action. 

Just now, Pathman said:

My morning consisted of a lone adult doe come in to bait at 7:15, killed her. 
About an hour later saw a legal spike <3” and a young 8 feeding on acorns 50 yards away. The 8 came to the corn, the little spike went in the opposite direction!🤨

The 8 eventually found the dead doe, went right over and started licking and sniffing her for a few minutes, then walked off. No other action, I was in Mercer County, not far from Montgomery where that other fella had lots of action. 

You have an interesting tactic of killing the does so they stay put and then the bucks come to you to check her out LOL

AWM

Just got back from delivering the firewood to my son's friend. Will make another delivery tomorrow afternoon. My sons and I will be back out this afternoon hunting. Still have high winds that don't seem to stop. We are all hunting from the ground tonight. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Well. I saw my shooter except I wasn't hunting or had my xbow. With the high winds I figured I'd move a couple deadfalls on one of my logging roads. Lo and behold who is laying in a drainage with a doe, out of the wind. Doubtful I could've gotten a shot at him anyway. Hunting about 500 yards from the drainage now. Already saw a decent 8 point cruising. I think I've seen him 5 times this week.