LPJR

Jr's new bike

My 15 year old son split wood, built french drains, rock walls, etc working with the farmer down the road this summer...He has been saving for awhile for the bike he wanted to upgrade to. This past Sunday, he sold his worked YZ125 and we told him if he was close, we would help out with the balance. 

Picked up his new ride today, the 2019 YZ250F and he is in his shop as I write this. He was just showing me the Yamaha Power Tuner App he has on his phone. It allows the bike to be mapped/tuned which is very neat. 

Time flies. Before we know it, he will be driving.......Would stop time if I could, this is the good stuff......

thumbnail_Resized_20191107_213228.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20191107_212838.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20191107_212925.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20191107_212959.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20191107_170702.jpg

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 4

That is great he worked for it and got it! Hard work does pay off. Wish my daughters would learn that they just hope for Bernie :down:

He is going to be thrilled. I did the same thing about 20 years ago walked in and bought a new YZ250 . 

I imagine they are way improved now but even then the bike was a beast . 

Glad to see a young kid with drive and ambition. 

• Like 1

Very cool.  There's nothing more rewarding than working hard and earning something that you really want.  :up:

• Like 1

I call bullish!t on this post. This is 2019. Kids don’t work hard and save up for something they want these days! Just ask the government, they will provide you with whatever you desire! Seriously, this post is does my heart good. Work hard, save up and bask in the rewards. Glad there’s still some young people that believe in this. It’s gotten clouded lately but, that is truly the American dream. Congrats to the young man!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Raised him the right way and he will respect you for ever and you'll respect him . Loving your children starts with respect for each other. Good job parenting . He's nice young man. Good luck with his new bike.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Man bikes have come a loooong way. I remember when my “first generation” water cooled CR250 was the bees knees. That bike is bitchin’ Lou. Good luck with it jr

• Like 1