yoda4x4

Contractor Needed for Bathroom Renovation

I'm looking at having my bathroom gutted and completely redone. The one thing that'll make this a bit tougher is that since this is the only bathroom in my house, I'll need it completed as fast as possible Is there anyone on here who does bathroom renovations? I'm more than happy to send business to you guys. And if there isn't anyone, if you know anyone who does good work, please share a name and number as well. House is located in Edison NJ.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I do renovating but you’re just too far away. You’ll save time and possibly money if you get most of your material lined up and ready for install. Like vanity, lighting, toilet and all your plumbing fixtures. Some guys might plan it out that way though most will not, specially if you want stuff that’s better than Home Depot stuff as most is special order from supply houses. 

4 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Mike,3blade may help.

I'm in the masonry business but I have done a few bathroom reno's for family and friends. There is no way I would be able to get it done quick like he needs.

1 hour ago, yoda4x4 said:

I'm looking at having my bathroom gutted and completely redone. The one thing that'll make this a bit tougher is that since this is the only bathroom in my house, I'll need it completed as fast as possible Is there anyone on here who does bathroom renovations? I'm more than happy to send business to you guys. And if there isn't anyone, if you know anyone who does good work, please share a name and number as well. House is located in Edison NJ.

David

I know a guy.Butt it takes time.He offers a free alternative for your inconvenience.

oldwooden-outhouse-woods-260nw-1127743124.jpg

i had a rush bathroom remodel one time, i had to install the toilet each night before i left lol. i went through about 5 wax rings. and each morning my day started out off scraping the old wax ring off the flange:laughing:

im sure there are plenty of guys near edison that could get it done. good luck

When I had mine done, we rented a port-a-john and showered at my parents house.  I didn't want my contractor to rush, especially with all the tile work.

How long will something like this take? I'm thinking it can be done in less than 2 weeks. Is this wrong? If it's less than 2 weeks, I can get by using my neighbor's house or my parent's house.

David

2 weeks if everything and everybody is lined up ready to work when the next phase is ready to be started. That’s one of the biggest problems is having the other trades get there when it’s ready. 

• Agree 1

I would get a contractor to add another bathroom to your house first:happywave:

Also depends on if your moving stuff. If all you’re doing is simple gut, rock, tile floor and shower and reuse the existing plumbing under 2 weeks is right. If you got a guy that can dedicate all his time to it. Most guys have other projects going on at same time. 

• Agree 1

Your town inspections will take up most of the time.  Call on Monday you will be lucky to get them on site by Thursday. 

• Like 1