Jump to content
Rusty

What's the buck to doe ratio where you hunt?

Recommended Posts

When I first started my dad told me it was frowned upon to shoot does. Does = bucks so leave the does and bucks will come. Back then I’d have no problem seeing 20-30 does a sit, especially mid December and on but bucks  were few and far between. Now after smacking a ton of does the last few years, it’s hard filling a damn EAB tag but seeing at least one buck every sit is common. I’d say 1:3/1:4 max in the area. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DV1 , do you base this on scientific data? ( not arguing serious question) 

I wonder if my observations are skewed because doe tend to be easier to see  in my opinion. 

Are there 3 bucks that I do not see because they learned to hide more? I often wonder this, did they bust me checking my phone and the doe were less weary? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 to 1 my guess based on real sits and lots of trail cams. Last year I would say 8 to 1. Way more buck action this year.

Edited by electric10162
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Slayer1962 said:

DV1 , do you base this on scientific data? ( not arguing serious question) 

I wonder if my observations are skewed because doe tend to be easier to see  in my opinion. 

Are there 3 bucks that I do not see because they learned to hide more? I often wonder this, did they bust me checking my phone and the doe were less weary? 

It won't ever be greater than 3:1,  but that wasn't supposed to be revealed until people yelled and screamed at each other for a day or two.  Matt makes a lot more money that way.  :lookaround: 

 

 

Edited by Rusty
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rusty said:

It won't ever be greater than 3:1,  but that wasn't supposed to be revealed until people yelled and screamed at each other for a day or two.  Matt makes a lot more money that way.  :lookaround: 

 

 

Knew that’s what you were going for Rusty! Starting to figure you out now, you mountain boys are pretty tricky!

I may as well add, I’m not going to give an answer to this question, but if you don’t get a rash of s... over your answer, you can rest assured that it’s because guys don’t want to take you on regarding this topic due to your stature on the site, but If I gave my answer, you can bet there’d be a “debate” from here to next week! 
So, if you’re trying to drum up business for Matt, pass me your questions and let me pose them, you’ll have some action then!😎

Edited by Pathman
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Knew that’s what you were going for Rusty! Starting to figure you out now, you mountain boys are pretty tricky!😁

:agree:

 

It's all about the money.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every spot i hunt i always see more bucks than does.  That is mainly bigger woods in morris/ passaic counties.  Even in my “doe” areas, i cant see anything much more than3-1 ratio in any area in northern NJ

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...