IGNORED

Brand new trail camera stolen on public land

johnyanu

47 minutes ago, DBuck said:

It's the time of year when the gun hunters start to get "their spots" ready. You'll see more and more stuff disappearing over the next month.

Pheasant season is Saturday. It seems like there isn't a square inch of  Public land that doesn't have  footprints on it during small game.

4 hours ago, gregtpal said:

My money is on a fellow "sportsman" who doesnt want you in his spot..

Thats what i was thinking. Some guy saw him walking past his spot the other day and said something to him. I venture to guess it's this guy. 

Sucky feeling when that happens. Sorry u had to go thru that. 

I really can't believe in this day n age .....2020 is a few months away....no one has come up with deer cameras that are considerably smaller than the ones that are currently available.....i mean, the technology of these super small front door cameras like the Ring or the WYZE cameras can't be made for deer cams??!!??

These things should be made about the size of a cell phone...or smaller....so we can hide em better from the scumbag thieves!!!

i have posted this before. but this is why i no longer hunt public land for deer. i got spoiled with a private piece for 2 years(which is gone) my public hunting is only small game.  

when you have a guy taking a dump in front of your trail cam and putting toilet paper on your cam, its time to give up deer hunting public land...

lots of good guys offered their old trail cams. take them, and learn from the past. 

best of luck in your hunting future.

16 hours ago, megavites said:

Electric,

so alot of the reiviews I read say that it updates its location based on others that have downloaded the app in the area.

I like the concept...but it needs to be more standalone. Haven't seen a cheap solution.

Yes, others have to have the app and be within 100 yards of the key. 
Recovery depends on popularity of this system, I don’t think it’s very good at this point 

23 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Do you get down near seaside or monmouth county at all?  If not pm me your address info and I will ship them to you

Wow!  Awesome offers guys!  If only some of the “good” rubbed off on the “scum” that are stealing people’s stuff...

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"

4 minutes ago, delvalhunter said:

Wow!  Awesome offers guys!  If only some of the “good” rubbed off on the “scum” that are stealing people’s stuff...

I've actually had more issues on smaller private peices than on the public I hunt..

15 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I've actually had more issues on smaller private peices than on the public I hunt..

I had my cam taken on a private piece with access only from other private properties.  I think I since took care of the problem, no sign of trespassers in a year,